    Now that's cool for Mac users like me!

    although honestly, that sony blu-ray desktop looks awesome. maybe time
    to take a peek at the dark side (windows) again?

    asj, Apr 26, 2006

  2. I saw a bumper sticker last Sunday: "Come to the dark side - we have
    cookies".

    This is OT, though - the driver looked more like a Wiccan than an Apple
    user (or is there a difference?).

    :)

    Gino

    In all seriousness: my only real problem with Macs is that some of my
    friends who are Mac users ask me for help, but I am not well equipped
    in that world...

    Gene E. Bloch, Apr 26, 2006

  3. asj

    Fred Liken Guest

    They don't want you to be. If you're equipped, then they can't charge you
    to fix your sad Mac.

    Macs are for sheep.

    Fred Liken, Apr 26, 2006
  4. OK, I've been trying to figure out how this relates to my post, but so
    far without success.

    I think I managed to parse it, though.

    Gino

    Gene E. Bloch, Apr 26, 2006
  5. Uh-huh.

    Barry McCockiner, Apr 27, 2006
  6. :)

    Gene E. Bloch, Apr 27, 2006
  7. asj

    asj Guest

    ROTFLOL!!!! Now THAT'S funny.

    My mac is actually my most recent desktop - gotten from work. i also
    run a windows 2000 and a Sun Linux desktop - but, don't anyone be
    nasty, i LIKE the mac user interface better than windows or linux.
    Steve jobs is an egotistical ninny who rewrote history so he could
    "swipe" the babies of others for his own self, but you gotta admit the
    macs are easy on the eyes.

    asj, Apr 27, 2006
  8. asj

    Fred Liken Guest

    Oh, don't worry. I fear it's the least of your challenges for the day.

    COURAGE
    pass it on.

    Fred Liken, Apr 27, 2006
  9. asj

    Fred Liken Guest

    Yep, Macs are for sheep.

    Fred Liken, Apr 27, 2006
  10. asj

    Fred Liken Guest

    What do you use your computer for that how pretty it is makes that much
    difference? lol. Yep, sheep. Ohhh! This one will look so nice next to
    the end table! BUY IT! lol.

    There's no place for Macs in the real world any more.

    Fred Liken, Apr 27, 2006
  11. Let's think about this logic: 95% of the world uses PCs (i.e., WinTel)
    and 5% use Macs, and the *Macs users* are the sheep?

    As a PC user, all I can say is Baa...

    Gino

    Gene E. Bloch, Apr 27, 2006
  12. Actually, no offense intended, but it was one of the worst-written
    sentences that I had to parse that day. And I still don't know how it
    relates to the fact that, since I don't know Mac S/W and systems, I
    can't help my friends who have Macs.

    Gino

    Gene E. Bloch, Apr 27, 2006
  13. asj

    L Leed Guest

    http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=14487&Page=1&pagePos=2

    Apple is asking movie studios to include iPod-ready versions of their
    films on future Blu-Ray disc releases.

    CNN claims Apple - who signed up to support the Blu-Ray standard in
    March 2005 - is using its membership of the standards-setting body and
    its CEO Steve Jobs' Hollywood clout to convince studios to make such a
    move.

    Apple new media ally Disney and Blu-Ray standard champion Sony have
    been approached, the report states.

    Convincing studios to release iPod-ready movies using the
    rights-protected Blu-Ray standard would "greatly expand Apple's movie
    library," the report opines.

    The move is thought to be part of Apple's strategy to create a rich
    ecosystem of content to help generate sales of its purported future
    "true iPod video" product.

    L Leed, Apr 27, 2006
  14. asj

    GMAN Guest

    I would think Sony would want a PSP version on the disks too?????

    As long as its a choice that the studios make and not one forced into the
    standard by Apple on everyone. Theres no problem in my book if its slapped on as
    an extra in unused space on the disks.

    GMAN, Apr 27, 2006
  15. asj

    Fred Liken Guest

    Which sentence was poorly written?

    "They don't want you to be."
    "If you're equipped, then they can't charge you to fix your sad Mac."
    "Macs are for sheep."

    None of those sentences are poorly written. All three are proper sentences.
    Maybe, just maybe, you aren't real great at parsing English? Perhaps they
    were just too complicated for you or you don't understand the words in the
    sentences? That's more likely, since you can used any linguistic syntax
    system you want and those sentences parse.
    Because you are obviously not able to comprehend the sentences. I'll give
    you the benefit of the doubt and give it another go...

    You can't help your friends, because Apple doesn't want you to be able to do
    so. They want to keep it so you can't fix your sad Mac
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sad_Mac) without paying someone to do it.
    Hence, Macs are for sheep.

    "Oh, they are so much more user friendly" was a common statement, which was
    complete rubbish post Windows 95. Post people who said that did little
    actual work with the Macs and never supported the Macs. What difference did
    it make that they were magnitudes more difficult to maintain? These weren't
    real computer owners. They ran to the service center whenever there was a
    problem, and there were plenty of them.

    Macs are for sheep is even more evident the last, what, five years where the
    Mac was completely inferior to even an eMachine. They're no more superior
    to an eMachine than a pair of RL Jeans is superior than a pair of Dickies.

    Just take the latest Mac, load Adobe on it and see if it can beat a same
    priced Dell, or something.

    Hint... it won't even get close.

    Fred Liken, Apr 27, 2006
  16. asj

    Fred Liken Guest

    Or... most people aren't sheep?

    Fred Liken, Apr 27, 2006
  17. Unfortunately, as Warner has already officially abandoned UMD, ANOTHER
    separate hard-copy handheld format ain't likely to happen from the
    studios soon...

    Derek Janssen ("Thought you said we were all going to download them
    someday, anyway")

    Derek Janssen, Apr 27, 2006
  18. asj

    Jay G. Guest

    I don't think you understood the article. Apple wants an ipod version of
    the movie on the Blu-Ray disc itself. So it's not a separate hard-copy
    handheld format. I'm guessing the procedure for getting the video on the
    ipod would be to place the Blu-Ray disc of the movie you bought into your
    imac, which would load up the ipod video version in itunes and allow a
    limited number of transfers to a video ipod.

    So Blu-Ray would have the same movie in two formats on the same disc. One
    in standard Blu-Ray HD format, and the Ipod version.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Apr 27, 2006
  19. asj

    Invid Fan Guest

    You can't fit a regular dvd in a PSP, where as you can load an iPod
    from any computer.

    Invid Fan, Apr 27, 2006
  20. Such a long post, it makes me wonder if you're getting piqued.

    I apologize for having been too subtle for you to understand what I
    posted. Tell you what, I'll stop annoying you now.

    Kind of too bad - this thread is getting close to 500 posts now (mostly
    OT!), and I wanted to help it get there.

    G.

    Gene E. Bloch, Apr 27, 2006