expert needed

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Duke, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Duke

    Duke Guest

    Because I surely am not one.

    Decided to do an in-place upgrade from Nt 4.0 to 2003
    Server. NT 4.0 is at SP6a.

    Tried to run Setup from the 2003 Server CD and get this
    error:

    Setup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

    The procedure entry point GetLcstError could not be
    located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL

    *** I have since determined that I am not able to run the
    setup programs of other software either. *** Get messages
    stating the Installation Software could not be started.

    I then re-installed the Windows Installer and confirmed it
    was started. No Help.

    I have read stuff that hints at my DLL(s) being overlaid
    but have no idea how to resolve this.

    I don't even think I could FIND my NT Installation
    software for a reload.

    Would appreciate any insight others could offer.

    Duke, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Duke

    Worm Guest

    Reformat and reinstall.