Experience with cross border shopping for Digicam?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rockin Ronnie, Nov 9, 2004.

  1. I am looking seriously at a Canon A95 digital camera because I like it's
    feature set and have read several good reviews. My Fuji finepix 1300 is
    ready to be retired. Every site i go to in Canada advertizes the price
    at 499.99CAD and few retailers appear to be discounting this camera. The
    only exception I have seen is I saw one place on the net in BC:

    http://www.addaxcomputer.com/parts.asp?tablename=adx_digitalc

    where they quoted 474CAD.

    I perused some US sites and saw all kinds of prices, the lowest being
    285USD.

    285.00 USD United States Dollars = 341.816 CAD Canada Dollars
    http://www.xe.com/ucc/

    http://www.dbuys.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dby.proPage&product_id=3501

    Assuming that they are willing to sell internationally is it worth
    buying from the US given the more favourable exchange rates lately?
    Seems like a deal!

    Ron

    Rockin Ronnie, Nov 9, 2004

  2. I got some answers here but would still like to know some real world
    experiences;

    http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/customs/a/shopshipcanada.htm

    Rockin Ronnie, Nov 9, 2004