    No no no no no. Good idea. Very good. He should also carry in
    his wallet along with personal identification, the email address of
    the Darwin Awards nominating committee.

    ASAAR, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Racer X

    The Real Bev Guest

    <sigh> When did we lose our national sense of humor?

    --
    Cheers,
    Bev

    The Real Bev, Jan 14, 2006

  3. You're right, I don't understand. I could be 100 times as irreverant
    and 1000 times as outrageous in my opinions, and that STILL would not
    absolve Best Buy of the evil they have committed.

    Scott en Aztlán, Jan 14, 2006
  4. And I have to wonder about the Best Buy apologists who are so quick to
    blame the VICTIMS. Are you a paid corporate shill, or merely one of
    the idiot sheeple who continues to shop at BB despite the poor
    treatment you receive there?
    Of course, this works both ways. I didn't walk into the Best Buy store
    with an attitude, but when the pushy little twat behind the counter
    repeatedly refused to take "no" for an answer I naturally became
    progressively more irate.

    Of course, people who bend over and willingly take it up the ass from
    corporate bullies are precisely the reason there are so many corporate
    bullies.

    Scott en Aztlán, Jan 14, 2006
  5. Yeah, those Nazi guards in the concentration camps were "just doing
    their jobs," as well.

    Sorry, but that's a weak excuse. People of good conscience don't take
    jobs which require them to harrass people with high-pressure sales
    tactics. OTOH, the people who take and remain in positions in which
    they make money by creating unpleasantness for others do so because
    they enjoy it (or, at the very least, have no moral objection to
    annoying others) and deserve all the derision they receive.

    In my book, a clerk at a big box retailer who follows a "three no's
    policy" is no different than the telemarketing slime who interrupts
    your dinner to sell you aluminum siding. At least with telemarketing
    slime there is a Do Not Call List; with Best Buy the only way to avoid
    the high-pressure sales tactics is to never shop there.

    Scott en Aztlán, Jan 14, 2006
  6. Racer X

    SoCalMike Guest

    until it interferes with the rights of the other customers. then that
    particular customer isnt necessarily right.

    SoCalMike, Jan 14, 2006
  7. Racer X

    SoCalMike Guest

    making terroristic threats? yeah. people have been arrested for that.

    SoCalMike, Jan 14, 2006
  8. Racer X

    SoCalMike Guest

    when the terrorists won.

    SoCalMike, Jan 14, 2006
  9. Racer X

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I think your wounds are self-inflicted.
    I'm a sheeple. I just hope that I'm not the sheeple standing in line
    behind you and have to both listen to you whine and deal with the
    cashier you've upset for no good reason.
    Hasn't happened yet.
    Did you hold your breath and lie down and pound on the floor?
    Sometimes that stops the cashiers from being pushy.

    As I read it, that little girl *owned* you. You often get bullied by
    little girls?

    Tony Cooper, Jan 14, 2006
  10. Racer X

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Well, I didn't consider that aspect.... You might have something there.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2006
  11. Racer X

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You consider making threats funny? I don't. It certainly wouldn't be
    funny to the person so threatened.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2006
  12. Racer X

    Ron Hunter Guest

    It is interesting that you feel that a company guarding its 'bottom
    line' against fraud, misrepresentation, and abuse is 'evil'.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2006
  13. Racer X

    Ron Hunter Guest

    And customers who have your attitude are the cause of so many of those
    same rules you dislike so much. Frankly, if someone characterized me in
    the way you do the clerk, I might be more inclined to punch him in the
    family jewels than help him resolve his complaint.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2006
  14. Racer X

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Now wasn't THAT simple!
    I am glad you finally saw the light.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 14, 2006
  15. Racer X

    SoCalMike Guest

    especially if the threatener is a kooky columbine looking kid.

    SoCalMike, Jan 14, 2006
  16. Racer X

    SoCalMike Guest

    or they intervene, but an innocent bystander gets killed? YOU get
    charged for that as well.

    SoCalMike, Jan 14, 2006
  17. So you feel it is necessary to force a customer to demonstrate a
    defective piece of electronics gear in a restroom in order to guard
    against fraud? Do you feel it's necessary to waste 20 minutes of a
    customer's valuable time on a transaction that should take closer to 2
    minutes?

    Stop trying to defend the indefensible. You're just making yourself
    look foolish.

    Scott en Aztlán, Jan 14, 2006
  18. 'Nuff said.

    Scott en Aztlán, Jan 14, 2006
  19. What attitude is that? Standing up for my rights? Saying "no" to
    bullshit corporate attempts to badger me into purchasing something I
    don't want?

    Scott en Aztlán, Jan 14, 2006
  20. If you read my posts for comprehension, you would know that I saw the
    light more than three years ago.

    Since then I have been helping others to see that light. Perhaps if
    you took your blinders off you would be able to see it, as well.

    Scott en Aztlán, Jan 14, 2006