Expansion of the Sun X-Terminal Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Oct 17, 2005.

1. bigal

XhArD

"OH MY GOD, IT'S GLOWING! IT'S ALREADY ON FIRE!!" Fire hose and extinguishers dragged in, your computers completely destroyed. Then, "umm... the glowing was just from the yellow cathode..."

XhArD, Apr 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bigal

The Modfather

Hmmm, I'd try the LED option, you can have more than 4 LED's in there but 4 should be enough I think, though, with the new logo plate, maybe 6, 1 on either side of the lettering and 2 on either side of the artwork. ??? <Shrug>

CCFL's aren't a fire hazard, they're COLD cathode, remember? Unless they explode. :)

The Modfather, Apr 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. bigal

bigal

Remember the 'burned' inverter I posted in another topic? Fear the inverter, my friends.

Ok, I'll put the LED thing on my plate for consideration.

bigal, Apr 17, 2006
  4. bigal

The Modfather

You're storing the inverter inside the keyboard? That might be why there's no room left. :) I'd put the inverter outside.

The Modfather, Apr 17, 2006
  5. bigal

bmw2007

I would have to lengthen the mounting holes that are used to screw the drive to the carrier. This particular unit isn't complete yet, as I just got the front opening cut (rough cut) before slapping the cover on and calling it a day (er...night). I want some type of lighting effect too - maybe with EL wire again to keep the theme going with the other two external cases underneath the 15" monitor.

bmw2007, Nov 7, 2008
  6. bigal

bigal

2 years go by and still they won't leave me alone! The Sun X-Terminal has been running fine all this time and I've become used to the current configuration. I did have to swap out the motherboard about a year ago and I used a similar MSI motherboard as a replacement. It still has the Athlon 64 3000+ CPU. I suppose it could use more HP but for browsing the Internet the machine is fine. I don't plan on doing more mods to the system right now however....

bigal, Nov 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question