    Likes Received:
    0
    Dobbers? There he goes again speaking another language.

    The Modfather, Oct 31, 2005

  2. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Spose you don't have that word over there, or it's too new, since you haven't been in primary school for a LONG time :p Dobber is a person who tells adults whenever someone does something they aren't supposed to. Like a tattle-tale.

    XhArD, Oct 31, 2005

  3. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yer :D we will tell your mummy :D

    unholy, Oct 31, 2005
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Feel free, you can catch her on her website, www.thepyrographer.com, her name is Granni. But I doubt she'd listen. After all, I'm almost 41 years old and don't live with her... Now on the other hand, besides having 5 fingers, If I told your mommy on you, well, you'd be in BIG trouble. Because I'm an adult and I can tell much more convincing lies than you. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 5, 2005
  5. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Looks like....

    ....grannies site is down. Perhaps it's nap time :question:

    bigal, Nov 5, 2005
  6. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    The Modfather, Nov 6, 2005
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe, i dont lie, u go to hell and you die if u lie :p

    unholy, Nov 6, 2005
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That works...

    ...interesting site. I popped into the forums and saw some wood burning art project. Too bad the old forums were attacked. I sure would like to see real punishment dealt out to virus / spam / worm / writers and hackers / crackers and tidbits too. They are destroying other's personel property. :?

    bigal, Nov 6, 2005
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I set the smaller external drive case aside for a bit while I work on the tape backup drive that I also received from work. I removed the tape drive unit, and installed two Cooler Master devices, the Musketeer I and III. I don't listen to CD's with this system very much (since I have a decent stereo in my work area), but I wanted to try the Musketeer III with it's unique vacuum tube circuit. I guess the sound is somewhat "softer", but it would take a critical ear and better speakers (like some Klipsch 5.1 surround speakers) to really appreciate the audio enhancement. It looks cool though!
    Please notice a few things. First, that old tape drive unit comes right out of it's case, and the base plate makes a good mounting plate to hold the Cooler Master Musketeer I. I had to take the Musketeer I apart, including removing the circuit board, so I could drill four mounting holes. I tapped them, installed the screws, and then cut the exposed threads off so they wouldn't short to the circuit board when I mounted it again. Also, you can see I'm now using my 17" LCD in place of the Sun 15" CRT. I picked up a wall mounting kit for the LCD, and mounted it to the wall next to the workbench. This gives me a better display and lots more room to stack these external components.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

    bigal, Nov 7, 2005
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    getting bigger then a tower now AL :D, looks kick ass :D

    unholy, Nov 7, 2005
  11. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I have just one question... Why is that cartoon critter in your tower?

    XhArD, Nov 7, 2005
  12. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i have no idea wat ur talking about... :|

    unholy, Nov 7, 2005
  13. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Look at the computer tower to the right of the screen. there's a little cartoon dude in the green glow there.

    XhArD, Nov 7, 2005
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That's GIR...

    ...and he's something I picked up in one of those teenage stores in the mall.
    GIR is a popular character in the Nicktoon Invader Zim. While the gender of GIR is never clearly stated in the cartoon, the male pronoun is used throughout this article for simplicity.
    GIR is essentially a psychotic, stupid robot slave belonging to Zim. He is easily influenced and impossible to fully control. He is a modified SIR (Standard Issued Information Retrieval) unit, although not even he is aware of what the "G" in GIR stands for (several fans think GIR stands for Garbage Idiot Robot, but Jhonen Vasquez has said that the G doesn't stand for anything). Occasionally he reverts to behaviour expected of a normal SIR unit (during which time his cyan components change color to red), but this is normally short-lived.
    GIR is incapable of focusing his attention on important things for long periods of time and often speaks with no relevant coherent thought in mind. He is often the reason Zim fails in his attempts. His normal disguise is a very shoddy green dog suit. He is infatuated with Earth culture. :?
    [​IMG]

    bigal, Nov 7, 2005
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe i saw it, had to bring it up in Zoomer 2006! :D

    unholy, Nov 7, 2005
  16. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I was actually asking why you had it in the case, but ok...

    XhArD, Nov 7, 2005
  17. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Maybe we'll never know...

    I guess I have it there because it looks right. And besides, it generates interest in the case. :bath:

    bigal, Nov 7, 2005
  18. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm diggin' that Musketeer III, must get one now. :)
    And yeah, Pyrography is the art of woodburning.

    The Modfather, Nov 7, 2005
  19. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Scratch that last post, Just read a write up on the M3. From what they say it's terrible. It got a rating of 3 out of 10. They say that what it does to sound is pitiful. Supposedly simulating the warmth of a tube amp but it muddies things up unmercifully. It looks cool though, shame.

    The Modfather, Nov 8, 2005
  20. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    maybe u could mod it to make it work properly? maybe Al got a special version :D

    unholy, Nov 8, 2005