    the problem is that I've never done it before. Have any of you done this
    scenario, expanding the disk size of a guest OS inside VMware Workstation
    and if so what hurdles did you run into?

    Spin, Nov 7, 2009

  2. Spin

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Personally I Googled "vmware expand guest disk size" but that did seem
    an easy option.........

    Desk Rabbit, Nov 7, 2009

  3. Spin

    Spin Guest

    My question was "Have any of you done this scenario, expanding the disk size
    of a guest OS inside VMware Workstation and if so what hurdles did you run
    into" and wasn't "are you able to google this answer for me".

    Spin, Nov 7, 2009
  4. Spin

    richard Guest

    Many posters around here feel the only way to answer any question is by
    pointing the OP to google for the answer.
    Like *YOU* are one stoopid idiot and can't do it yourself.
    Nothing personal.

    richard, Nov 8, 2009
  5. Spin

    philo Guest

    I've done it and it worked fine

    If you are worried, you can just copy your VM first

    philo, Nov 8, 2009
  6. Spin

    CSharpner Guest

    I've done it twice. No hurdles at all the first time. The 2nd time,
    since I had snapshots, I had to make a clone first, then resize my
    clone (since the clone had no snapshots).

    Here's how I did it (my blog) with video:
    http://csharpner.blogspot.com/2009/11/vmware-expand-your-virtual-disk-size.html

    HTH

    CSharpner, Nov 16, 2009