    what the settings need to be. I can access the router, but cannot get the
    signal to pass through it. Any thought on setting this up? Thanks.

    Mike D.

    Michael Dobony, Feb 13, 2010

  2. Michael Dobony

    Char Jackson Guest

    The WAN port of the new router should be able to get it's IP address
    from the 2Wire modem via DHCP, or you can statically assign its IP
    just as you did for the desktop PC. The LAN subnet on the new router
    will need to be different from the 2Wire's LAN subnet (the third octet
    will need to be different, at a minimum).

    If the desktop PC will be connecting to the new router, it will need
    an IP from the new subnet. It won't pick that up automatically since
    you currently have it statically assigned.

    The path from the 2Wire to the new router will be:
    2Wire->wireless to the WET bridge->wired to the WAN port of the new
    router.

    There are a couple of gotchas with having multiple routers in the mix,
    especially with file and print sharing, but you probably have a grasp
    on that already.

    Char Jackson, Feb 14, 2010