    purposes, but I don't like entering the same descriptions again when I share
    a photo album on-line.

    -Eric

    Eric, Aug 1, 2004

  2. "Eric" <> writes:

    > Are there any photo printing services (shutterfly, ofoto, etc) that can
    > automatically display EXIF info in photo albums that I share?

    Most of them do, that I've seen.

    > I like to enter EXIF descriptions of my photos for local search and storage
    > purposes, but I don't like entering the same descriptions again when I share
    > a photo album on-line.

    Are you perhaps thinking of IPTC data rather than EXIF data? EXIF is
    things like the date and time the photo was taken, focal length, ISO,
    exposure, and such.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 1, 2004

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    "David Dyer-Bennet" <> wrote in message
    > "Eric" <> writes:
    >
    > > Are there any photo printing services (shutterfly, ofoto, etc) that can
    > > automatically display EXIF info in photo albums that I share?

    > Most of them do, that I've seen.
    >
    > > I like to enter EXIF descriptions of my photos for local search and

    storage
    > > purposes, but I don't like entering the same descriptions again when I

    share
    > > a photo album on-line.

    > Are you perhaps thinking of IPTC data rather than EXIF data? EXIF is
    > things like the date and time the photo was taken, focal length, ISO,
    > exposure, and such.

    Yes, actually, that is what I am thinking of. I guess it's not likely that
    any of them would display IPTC info.

    Eric, Aug 1, 2004
  4. "Eric" <> writes:

    > "David Dyer-Bennet" <> wrote in message
    >> "Eric" <> writes:
    >>
    >> > Are there any photo printing services (shutterfly, ofoto, etc) that can
    >> > automatically display EXIF info in photo albums that I share?

    >> Most of them do, that I've seen.
    >>
    >> > I like to enter EXIF descriptions of my photos for local search and

    > storage
    >> > purposes, but I don't like entering the same descriptions again when I

    > share
    >> > a photo album on-line.

    >> Are you perhaps thinking of IPTC data rather than EXIF data? EXIF is
    >> things like the date and time the photo was taken, focal length, ISO,
    >> exposure, and such.

    > Yes, actually, that is what I am thinking of. I guess it's not likely that
    > any of them would display IPTC info.

    Well, I don't know any off-hand, but I agree with you that it would be
    very useful -- especially if you could configure per-album which
    fields it displayed.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 2, 2004
  5. David Dyer-Bennet <> writes:

    > "Eric" <> writes:
    >
    > > Are there any photo printing services (shutterfly, ofoto, etc) that can
    > > automatically display EXIF info in photo albums that I share?

    > Most of them do, that I've seen.
    >
    > > I like to enter EXIF descriptions of my photos for local search and storage
    > > purposes, but I don't like entering the same descriptions again when I
    > > share a photo album on-line.

    > Are you perhaps thinking of IPTC data rather than EXIF data? EXIF is
    > things like the date and time the photo was taken, focal length, ISO,
    > exposure, and such.

    While IPTC has lots of specific fields and such, there is a user comment field
    in EXIF that can be used to store some text. I don't know if online photo
    places display either.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: