    not recognized, or does not apply to the specified entry."

    From what i can decypher from the bcdedit /? command I believe the syntax in
    the book is incorrect but for the life of me I cant figure out what the
    correct syntax is. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated since I'm
    stuck and cant move on until I get this figured out (The next lesson builds
    off of this one which is pretty standard for microsoft press texts)

    Thank you,
    John

    John Whelihan, Dec 22, 2009

  2. The latter of the three you tried is the correct syntax.
    I would suggest finding the BCDEDIT command reference documentation in the
    TechNet Library and verifying that the book does not have any errors with
    regards to the syntax of the command. I suspect your belief that the book is
    defective is probably correct. The 70-680 book has a rep for having a large
    number of errors.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Dec 29, 2009