    client server talk i also configured the ports on firewall exception list.
    but the EXE doesnt run at all until the firewall is on. please advise wat can
    be done.

    Guest, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Guest

    Theo Guest

    This is Windows x64 you're having this problem?

    What is the program?

    What is your hardware?

    Theo, Aug 27, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    thanks for replying theo

    i dint get you..how do we know which kind of windows is it...however i can
    tell u this windows XP professional SP2 machine...the program is a tool
    created in VC++ 5.0 nad the hardware concerned with this tool are contollers
    and sensors which comes in picture online after the connection is
    successfully established, so we need not go into that.

    the requirement is first the successful connection of server and socket
    which is not happening if the firewall is on in "services.msc". however just
    to confirmed we have already checked with tcpview.exe the ports getting used
    in this communication and have added those in firewall exception list but its
    proving to be of no help.

    Guest, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Guest

    Theo Guest

    I will presume you are not running Windows x64 and this
    forum is for 64-bit Windows operating systems.

    Since you have a problem with a 3rd party software, you need
    to contact the company the software comes from and get
    Technical support from them for your problem.

    It is virtually impossible to try and figure what is wrong
    with a mysterious program.

    Theo, Aug 28, 2007
  5. Are you sure VC5 is compiling for XP? It's been a while now, but I was sure
    it couldn't do that unless you program for the W2K API - and the network
    API's and subsystems changed considerably between W2K and XP, I understand.

    Beyond that, I have no idea.

    Try posting to a XP networking group.

    Perhaps:

    Tony. . .