    indestrutable, burn CDs?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Mike

    Renee Guest

    Do you have a zip drive already? Does he? That wouldn't be my first choice
    anyway.

    Here's a few ideas:

    Years ago I bought a bunch of 5 1/4 inch floppy cardboard disk mailers.
    Floppy disks may be obsolete now, but the mailers I still have are useful. I
    use them all the time to send CDs and DVDs, in their paper sleeves, to
    people. The cardboard is so dense that the discs never get bent. CDs are
    about 50 cents or so these days and hold about 700 MB; DVDs are over a
    dollar each and hold 4.7 GB. I label the mailer, press on a couple of first
    class stamps, and drop them in a regular mailbox. Pretty easy and
    economically I'd say. You could also buy those very thin jewel cases for
    mailing them if you don't have the cardboard ones.

    Or he could send you his Memory Stick, and you download the images into a
    card reader attached to your computer. Then mail him back the Memory Stick.
    He'd have to have at least a couple of sticks to do it this way, and you'd
    have to purchase the card reader, so I don't know how economically that
    would be.

    Nowadays they have USB sticks or pens (forgot what they're called exactly)
    that plug directly into the computer's USB port. You don't need any special
    reader or drive, only an open port. It gets accessed as if it were another
    hard drive so you can copy and delete files from it. Just keep sending the
    USB stick back and forth to each other. The stick is nice and compact. This
    seems like the easiest and most durable way to go.

    All the PC vendors seem to be promoting these USB sticks now since they say
    the 3 1/2 inch floppy will soon be obsolete, and they're much handier to
    carry around in your pocket or purse than a big CD, DVD, or floppy.

    Reneea

    Renee, Oct 28, 2004