Exchange exercises

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by David K, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. David K

    David K Guest

    I have the MSPress 70-224 book on Exchange 2000.

    I installed Exchange 2000 Server on my W2k 2000 Server machine. The
    book says that Outlook 2000 is included on the CD, but the CD label
    doesn't say this, and I don't see it anywhere in the CD files. So I
    installed Outlook 2000 on my workstation from my copy of MS Office
    2000 instead. Is it supposed to be on the CD??

    I did the first exercise exactly as described, several times, but I
    don't know enough about Exchange to be able to figure this out. The
    exercise involves sending an email to an invalid address in another
    domain, and using offline operation so that I have to poll the server
    to send or receive.

    I receive no bounced messages. I did send an email to an invalid
    recipient in my own domain and got a bounce message immediately
    (without having to poll again), but repeated polling doesn't bring up
    any bounce message notification for the email sent to an invalid
    address in another domain.

    Any ideas? Did MS leave out some critical configuration information in
    the book necessary for this to happen?

    Dave

    David K, Jun 18, 2004

  2. David K