    better by projection than when viewed on the t.v. from the DVD transfer.

    I think the transfers could be made softer and the results more pleasing
    for playing at home on a television set.

    Nomen Nescio, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Nomen Nescio

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Have you properly calibrated your TV? You should calibrate separately
    for each input source. Your cable/satellite box will likely require
    different default settings than your DVD player. What you describe
    sounds like a classic calibration issue.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 13, 2005

  3. And many DVD players have settings for contrast, brightness, Gamma,
    and Sharpness. My JVC came with a default setting that was as
    described above, too contrasty. It was in the "LCD" setting, putting
    it to "Normal" restored proper grey values.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 15, 2005