    piles and keep packing it down. Instant storage of snow and it is a
    temporary fence around the property.

    Anybody foresee problems with this approach ?

    d w a c o n, Jan 26, 2004

  2. d w a c o n

    Ionizer Guest

    Well, it means turning on the outside tap again (which should have been shut
    off from inside the house months ago,) and could lead to freezing and
    bursting problems in your pipes- not to mention your hose. Try spraying the
    neighbourhood kids as long as you've got the hose out, though- they'll soon
    get the message to stay away. (It works with our cats, anyway.)

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jan 26, 2004

  3. d w a c o n

    Senti Guest

    d w a c o n did mumble [email protected]

    The water hose will let too much water out at a time and it will just melt
    the snow creating a huge puddle that will freeze and turn into a mini
    skating rink). If you *really* want an ice fence/wall, make out ice blocks
    in empty milk cartons and stack them. Slowly trickle a tiny bit of water on
    top of each block right before you place another block on top of it. The
    water will freeze the blocks together and make the wall more stable.

    Barring that... don't pile the snow next time.. scatter it across a larger
    area :)

    Senti, Jan 26, 2004
  4. d w a c o n

    trout Guest

    It would probably be a 'playground improvement' that would
    irresistibly draw more kiddies. Until one of them falls off, and you get
    sued by the parent.

    trout, Jan 26, 2004
  5. d w a c o n

    Sano Guest

    Could stick a nice target up with a few holes punched in it. < Huh >

    Sano, Jan 27, 2004
  6. d w a c o n

    Jay Guest

    Yeah. You'll get cold!