Excellent Signal Strength, Network Connected - NO DHCP, PING

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by jc, May 24, 2006.

  1. jc

    jc Guest

    Anybody know how to troubleshoot this further:

    Got a Belkin PCMCIA wireless card trying to connect to ASUS Router on
    Toshiba Laptop. Wireless network will come up as connected but will not get
    an IP address. If I set it manually it goes in ok, but I cant' ping
    anything or get any network traffic.

    Nothing wrong with the hardware - card works fine in another laptop, will
    get DHCP no prob. Laptop with card will connect to different wireless
    network no prob.

    It did use to work ok, but I had to rebuild the laptop... got latest
    drivers for cardbus controller from toshiba - no difference. Using drivers
    off cd from belkin as ones from website dont seem to work. Got 2 cards the
    same actually - both exhibit same problems

    Very annoying - can only replicate the problem if using Belkin card + laptop
    + router. Everything else fine... but cant seem to troubleshoot this...
    must be driver issue I suppose but wtf??

    jc, May 24, 2006

  2. jc

    jc Guest

    Wrong WEP key...