    continuously. Typing in upper case letters is no fun and it's hard to read.

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Sigi Rindler, Nov 25, 2006

  2. Sigi Rindler

    Gordon Guest

    Sigi Rindler wrote:
    > I had to translate part lists in Excel (lower case letters). Now I was told
    > to change them all to upper case letters. Where does Excel 2003 have this
    > function?

    UPPER function.....in Excel 2003

    Gordon, Nov 25, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler

    SgtMinor Guest

    Sigi Rindler wrote:

    > I had to translate part lists in Excel (lower case letters). Now I was told
    > to change them all to upper case letters. Where does Excel 2003 have this
    > function?
    > Right now I need to copy consecutive blocks of text into MS Word, change the
    > case, then copy these files back into Excel...
    > I hope that this is possible since I seem to get these kind of work
    > continuously. Typing in upper case letters is no fun and it's hard to read.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Murgi

    If the UPPER function does not work for you, you could import the
    entire spreadsheet into Word by first saving it as a .csv (comma
    separated value) file. Word will open the file, you convert all
    text to upper case, and save it as a .txt file. Manually change
    the extension back to .csv and Excel will open it. You'll need to
    do a little formatting after that.

    Excel will also open the file if you leave the extension as .txt
    but it's a lot more of a hassle.

    SgtMinor, Nov 26, 2006