Excel 2002 Macro problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gunjani, May 7, 2004.

  1. Gunjani

    Gunjani Guest

    I've installed a macro in Excel but when I start Excel I receive the
    following message:

    'Macros in the workbook are disable because the security level is high
    and the macros have not be digitally signed or verified as safe. To run
    the macrs, you can either have them signed or change the security
    level. Click Help for more information'

    I decreased my security level but that has no affect. How do I digitally
    sign the macro. The help file just explains the function but does not
    suggest how to enable macros.
    Any suggestions
    --
    Many Thanks

    Gunjani
    Driving People Insane:
    Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they
    want fries with that.

    Gunjani, May 7, 2004

  2. Gunjani

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Decrease it some more or tell Excel that those macros are trusted.

    pcbutts1, May 7, 2004

  3. Gunjani

    gb Guest

    How did you decrease your security level?

    gb, May 7, 2004
  4. Gunjani

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Tools>Macros>Security.

    pcbutts1, May 7, 2004
  5. Gunjani

    Gunjani Guest

    I have dereased it to the lowest security level via tools/macro/security
    but it still will not accept. Note the warning message states 'and'
    digitally signed... so I need to digitally sign this macr in. So far in
    tools\macro\scurity\trusted sources only Microsoft Corporation is
    registered for add-ins

    Gunjani, May 7, 2004
  6. Gunjani

    gb Guest

    Well I know that :) Sometimes I find that people believe they have done
    something correctly, when in fact they did something else :)

    gb

    | Tools>Macros>Security.
    |
    | --
    |

    | The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    | Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    |

    | | > How did you decrease your security level?

    | > | following message:
    | > |
    | > | 'Macros in the workbook are disable because the security level is high
    | > | and the macros have not be digitally signed or verified as safe. To
    run
    | > | the macrs, you can either have them signed or change the security
    | > | level. Click Help for more information'
    | > |
    | > | I decreased my security level but that has no affect. How do I
    digitally
    | > | sign the macro. The help file just explains the function but does not
    | > | suggest how to enable macros.
    | > | Any suggestions
    | > | --
    | > | Many Thanks