  1. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    You missed some great pr0n, then.

    Frisbee®, Mar 20, 2007

  2. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Well, I did get all the pix of LAR when he posted the links.

    And will sell them for the right amount of currency.

    JaR, Mar 20, 2007

  3. Guest

    Neil Guest

    if you wind up going to the same site, you will also get some realy nasty
    pics of Rod's offspring...

    Neil, Mar 21, 2007
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Michael:
    You are right that many in the MCNGP / CertGuard group are very childish,
    rude beyond belief, and in most cases [90% of the time] not very helpful.
    Their insulting of people for no reason who are trying to help people is
    truly beyond my comprehension, especially since these are people who are
    supposedly knowledgeable enough on computers to know that UseNet exists (Not
    everyone does) and hence have some intelligence.

    So why did you join them?

    I think their group's goals of stamping out proxy-testers and braindumps is
    very laudable, but their actions are just like the outgoing Clinton officials
    glueing of the "W" keys on government computers - it doesn't show any
    intelligence, it just shows how childish they are and destroys what
    credibility they did have. This is a PUBLIC forum - their actions may be fine
    in their fraternity houses on their college campuses, but not in the real
    world.
    Their response to you in not acknowledging that this is a problem (but just
    criticizing you further) is another sign that they are ignorant and do not
    understand or care. Until they change, I will not be joining that group,
    which is a shame, since I too agree with cleaning up the certification mess.

    Even the criticism of you putting your "MCP" in your signature is a sign
    that some in the group's leadership deep down don't care about increasing the
    values of all certifications. They just want to justify their psychological
    need of putting people down and somehow believe that this is a good method of
    doing so.

    I would like to know why you gave them credibility for their actions by
    joining their group.

    Guest, Mar 28, 2007
  5. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    LarryWestMCSD piffled away vaguely:

    <snip>

    Oh goody! Another stuffed shirt.!

    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007
  6. Larry, the rant you responded to of mine was unprofessional. So for that
    I apologize to you and others. To address your question as to why I
    joined them; in short, I did not. I do support their ideas, but at times
    not the practice. To be honest, 99% of the time they are just having
    fun. At the expense of others yes, but fun nonetheless.

    I have posted an article on the CertGuard forum that deals with this
    very thing. Please take the time to read it and let me know what you
    think. It can be found at
    http://www.certguard.com/forums/topic.asp?TID=590.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 28, 2007
  7. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    To be honest, 99% of the time they are just having
    indeed. people need to lighten up a bit.

    the people i personally insult or 'poke fun' at, are either cheats,
    thieves or people just to damn to get of their a$$. all of which have
    no business in our industry.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  8. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    <snip>
    rant
    </snip>

    Larry you're going to dig yourself into a hole here.

    For starters the MCNGP and CertGuard have no affiliation with each
    other. I understand there are individuals who belong to both. So, when
    having a rant, please put a distinction between both. One other point,
    Michael, however, is certainly not a member of the MCNGP, he does
    however, seem to have a sense of humor.

    If your anger is a result of Lasher's reply to one of your posts, I
    suggest you read his reply to my reply ( Message-ID:
    [email protected] )

    you seem like a smart dude, the sort of person we want to see in IT,
    so before you start a war, you should take a look at the whole picture
    regarding the MCNGP.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  9. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    83% of all statistics are made up on the spot. But you already knew that,
    right?
    Did you know that only 20% of internet users even know that USENET exists?
    If you find your way here, you're already ahead of the game. Unfortunately,
    probably 80% of new users post here from various web sites, and think
    they're posting to a web site board.
    As others have already replied, he didn't. Nobody "joins" the MCNGP.
    Let's not bring politics into this, shall we? You won't like us when
    politics are brought into discussions. Now this thread will almost
    certainly mega-drift. Thanks.
    Dude, you really need to lighten up. But I'll bet I'm not the first person
    to suggest that to you.
    Huh? No comprende.
    Oh, geeze, it's a running gag. Lighten up. Even Michael isn't bothered by
    it. Do you honestly not see the redundancy in putting both MCP and any
    other cert, like MCSE, MCSA, etc. etc. along with it in the same sig line?
    It's like including "I graduated Mrs. Giger's Kindergarten Class" along with
    mention of your high school diploma. Furrfu. I seriously doubt Michael has
    a problem with us ribbing him over that.
    Michael has a brain, and apparently at least a developing sense of humor.
    If Michael can lighten up, there's hope for you, too.

    What?! NO MCP???????

    Frisbee®, Mar 28, 2007
  10. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    lol
    must be an oversight ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  11. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I graduated Mrs. Giger's Kindergarten Class

    now, now, no one likes a show off!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!
    I think it's in the contract somewhere. :)
    (I do think that some here go beyond what is appropriate, however, and I
    apologize if I have.)

    Guest, Mar 28, 2007
  13. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Yes, some do. We don't have a rabies check before we induct members, so
    sometimes they slip through the cracks. Or perhaps they get rabies after
    they're inducted. However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
    actions of a select few. We're about as diverse a group as you can find.
    We have a few things in common, that's all.

    Frisbee®, Mar 28, 2007
  14. I'm a part-tme college teacher - I'm supposed to be a stuffed shirt!

    LOL. Sorry I could not pass that up; it was just too funny! :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 28, 2007
  15. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    However, the MCNGP as a whole often gets judged by the
    i blame Neil.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  16. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    i agree!

    Consultant, Mar 28, 2007
  17. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest

    Well, I wasn't going to NAME NAMES!

    Sheesh, now we're both off his Christmas list.

    Frisbee®, Mar 28, 2007
  18. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    i agree!

    lets be honest here, you have no idea what you're talking about ;-)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  19. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Michael:
    I agree with most of what you wrote, and I apologize for confusing the MCGNP
    with the CertGuard. Frisbee(r) is right that I have been lumping a few bad
    apples with the entire group. Again, I apologize.

    I do think that when someone creates a thread "Dog Pile on the Posters" that
    it should raise at least a yellow flag that some things may be overboard and
    needs to be toned down, even if they are doing it only in "fun." There needs
    to be a happy medium somewhere. Sometimes "fun" is inappropriate - for
    example, a friend of mine's doctor once said "oops" in the middle of his
    vasectomy.

    In regards to posters who do not know better - perhaps if Microsoft would
    put their FAQ in a more prominent place, there would be less need for people
    to post here.
    Some of the blame for this must fall on Microsoft's web page designers.
    I wonder if they are certified? :)

    Guest, Mar 28, 2007
  20. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    In regards to posters who do not know better - perhaps if Microsoft would
    more than half the posts here prove that people don't know their a$$
    from the elbow. an faq could be stuck in front of their face and
    they'd *still* post the same lame a$$ questions asking for the same
    information which was answered in the faq.

    everything you need to know about these simple exams can be found with
    a simple search or two. sadly this seems beyond the comprehension of
    many people. those people should be considered too stupid to be in IT.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007