    .. 1 design exam
    .. 1 Elective

    Thanks in advance

    Guest, Mar 14, 2007

  2. 7 exams. Your example is correct. Just out of curiosity, can you list
    the 9 you want to take. Regardless, following and successfully
    negotiating the example you listed; you will achieve your MCSE.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    ..... add up to 9.

    Incorrect Answer - Please Try Again.

    BTW
    Specializations
    • MCSE: Messaging on Windows Server 2003
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Messaging candidates on the
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 track must pass six core exams and two
    messaging specialization exams. = 8

    • MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Security candidates on the
    Microsoft Windows Server 2003 track are required to pass five core exams and
    three security specialization exams. = 8

    for more info please visit http://certguard.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=104

    Guest, Mar 14, 2007
  4. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Yeah, math is hard, don't you just hate word problems?

    The answer is 43.

    ....or is that 4+3?

    I think you're going to hate subnetting.

    kpg, Mar 14, 2007
  5. Guest

    .rev [MCT] Guest

    I love subnetting. Its my favorite thing to teach actually.And I have yet to
    have a student not learn the concept in one hour or less, most cases 30 min
    or so..

    --
    ..rev
    ..

    .rev [MCT], Mar 14, 2007
  6. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    no, it is 3.14

    Consultant, Mar 14, 2007
  7. Guest

    kpg Guest

    I applaud your teaching prowess.

    Subnetting is indeed simple, made difficult IMHO by one of my
    pet peeves: IP addresses should be expressed in hexadecimal
    notation. I still to this day can't figure out how the bunch
    of geeks (I assume) that invented IP Addressing felt the need
    to use decimal notation. I'm sure theses guys used hex all the
    time. Is it that when they presented it to their Petagon
    overlords that had to dumb it down? I don't get it.

    kpg, Mar 14, 2007
  8. Guest

    .rev [MCT] Guest

    Well IPv6 is Hex so you wish is granted. And speaking of Hex I like Hex too.
    I teach both at the same time often in some of my networking basics classes,
    and if the students complain I often throw in a little octal too.

    I teach all 3 forms without using math. :) I'm actually a math person, but I
    find that when learning subnetting or hex, and in some cases even octal
    learning by numbers confuses the student because they are all too often
    making things harder than they actually are. So for me if you can do simple
    adding and subtracting (1st grade math) you can subnet, you can learn hex
    notation and you can learn octal.

    --
    ..rev
    ..

    .rev [MCT], Mar 14, 2007
  9. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    no, it is 3.14

    that sounds like pie in the sky to me.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Mar 14, 2007
  10. Guest

    kpg Guest

    better than pie in the face

    no, actually that would be good

    nevermind.

    kpg, Mar 14, 2007
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Michael,

    Thanks so much for your response
    Courses I am interested in :

    To the rest of you who invested the time to make joke out of my question,
    why don't you find a forum for clowns to join. I bet it's gonna much more fun
    than this one.

    Guest, Mar 14, 2007
  12. Ahh. I understand now. You were confusing exams and Microsoft courses.
    Due to the range and amount of information regarding certain subjects,
    or exams; Microsoft divided some courses into 2 classes or courses.
    There may be 9 courses if you choose to take the Microsoft path of
    study, but it will equal out to 7 exams for your MCSE. Hope that helps,
    and good luck.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 14, 2007
  13. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    Aries0999 piffled away vaguely:
    <snip>

    If you are going to survive in this business you will need to grow a
    sense of humor and not take everything so personally. IT is the wrong
    place for whiners.
    --

    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Mar 15, 2007
  14. You apparently haven't been to the Vista newsgroups. MANY IT "pros" are in
    there whining and have no sense of humor.

    --
    Dustin Harper

    http://www.vistarip.com

    Dustin Harper, Mar 15, 2007
  15. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have survived in the business for 16 years and I do have a sense of humor
    when and where it's appropriate. Out of 10 responses only one was helpful.
    How would feel if you were me. Thank you for calling me a whiner !!!!!

    End of discussion.

    Guest, Mar 15, 2007
  16. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks so much Michael .... much appreciated. Now I see where I went wrong

    Guest, Mar 15, 2007
  17. You are very welcome.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Mar 15, 2007
  18. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    Aries0999 piffled away vaguely:
    This is usenet. You got one helpful response.

    Nope, I'm sorry, I don't see the problem.

    catwalker63, Mar 15, 2007
  19. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    So you got a helpful response, and you're still complaining about it? How
    many solutions to your problem do you want? Jeez.
    There are no "regulars" here whose job it is to help you. Not one person
    here has any responsibility or obligation to solve your problem for you. You
    know when you see a homeless guy on the street asking for some change?
    Sometimes you give him a buck, sometimes you say "Sorry, not today". That's
    how usenet works, dude. You got 9 "Sorry, not todays", but that one good
    response? Just make sure you don't buy booze with it.

    KB

    Briscobar, Mar 15, 2007
  20. Guest

    Frisbee® Guest