    Microsoft exams by Jan 31st. Sounds like a great deal but I did call a few
    testing site and no one seems to be aware of this.. Is this for real..???

    TIA

    Darren, Dec 14, 2006

  2. Darren

    kPg Guest

    As once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    I've heard others also complain that testing centers aren't aware
    of it. I'm sure it's for real, but it does remind me of the extended
    warranty the sales clerks always try to sell you.

    kp "$" g

    kPg, Dec 14, 2006

  3. I have never heard of that. Be it that the exams are not very
    expensive, I cant imagine how beneficial getting insurance may be.
    However, I am interested in the TechNet Express portion. Can you
    please provide a link, so that I can read up on this some more.

    Thanks,

    Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ)

    Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ), Dec 14, 2006
  4. Darren

    kpg Guest

    As Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ) once said in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Do they not have google where you come from?

    kpg, Dec 14, 2006
  5. Darren

    kpg Guest

  6. Sarcasm, its definitely a special trait. Nonetheless, I already read
    into it, and ironically I thought the same thing as you, in regards to
    insurance reminding me of extended warranty.

    Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ)

    Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ), Dec 14, 2006
  7. Darren

    kpg Guest

    As Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ) once said in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Well, doubly ironic, after I read up on it, I thought it was a
    good deal. Pass and get the next at 25% plus the Tech Net stuff.

    kpg

    kpg, Dec 14, 2006
  8. Darren

    BD[MCNGP] Guest

    Damb, I knew I shouldn't have taken that extra iron vitamin this moring....now
    with all the irony I'm feeling a little sluggish.

    BD[MCNGP], Dec 14, 2006
  9. True that! I got further info, and it definitely seems like a good
    idea.
    1 MS Exam = $125
    Technet Plus Direct = $349

    1 MS Exam with Insurance = $185
    - Get Technet Plus Direct Free
    - Fail, Take Exam again for Free
    - Pass, get 25% off next exam
    - 1 MS Exam - 25% = $93.75
    - 1 MS Exam + Insurance - 25% = $138.75 (By this point, your
    only paying an additional $13.75, for the luxury of Insurance, &
    Additional TechNet Plus Direct licenses, you can possibly pass on to
    your fellow techie buddies, as long as you do exams before January 31,
    2007.

    Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ)

    Julio C. Delgado Jr. (DJ), Dec 14, 2006
  10. Darren

    PajaP Guest

    Yes, I received the email from Microsoft this afternoon.

    But it looks like a con to me.
    On Microsoft page there is a link to my local centre.

    http://www.qa-iq.com/certsafe

    Clearly has 'certsafe' in the URL.
    The link does not go where it says it should.
    It just goes to the site home page.
    The word certsafe cannot be found anywhere on the site.

    So I think it is a con.
    Reel you in, string you along and then the offer expires before you
    have a chance to apply for it.
    In the meantime they have all got lots of adverts for their new
    upcoming Vista exams (plenty of info about that on the site).

    Shame because I was just about to sign up for it.

    PajaP, Dec 14, 2006
  11. Darren

    Lasher Guest

    Let CertGuard do an investigation.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50 http://www.mcngp.com

    Lasher, Dec 15, 2006
  12. Good deal, yes. Good luck finding a provider who knows what it is!

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 15, 2006
  13. Darren

    TurkReno Guest

    That's interesting. BD, I think you got the attention of the
    people in Asia who are stealing tests. Even though they may not respond
    directly, they still do things that will direct to this usegroup that is
    quite interesting. I really do not wish to reveal my personal feelings
    to be professional, but lets consider that CertGuard's presence makes an
    impact to be seen. I think you have whomever's attention you wanted
    gathered enough. Tell them what you intend to do. Everything is
    Google'd anyway. I'm going to shut my mouth now.
    You people who are about to prepare dumps, let it be known that we
    will find you. I will personally find you. I do not like to prepare
    myself from things that will not gather what I just need to pass the
    skills by memory. I would rather have the experience to back it up and
    prove that even without the MCDST or whatever shows that I am capable of
    the job I apply for. Consider that when I'm ahead of you in line
    because of the experience, degrees, and certifications that pass you
    because I weigh more on experience. People get fired very fast who fake
    their certs, and I believe that if we gathered enough people to quiz and
    take a survey to find out how long their life expectancy really is, you
    have a market to consider and analytically know how fast someone who
    would be a leader like myself would fire you is going to drastically
    increase and have provable evidence that weighs because you used a dump.
    That's marketing. Maybe I'll make it later tomorrow or something and
    give it to you to host, or maybe I could host it and aquire the data
    myself via my server. Who knows. Ideas?

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Dec 15, 2006
  14. Darren

    PajaP Guest

    Sorry, but I do not see the relevance of my post and "people in Asia
    who are stealing tests".

    I am also certainly not from Asia and neither is the link I posted
    referring to an Asian site (which is a direct copy/paste from a MS web
    page about exam insurance).

    Care to elaborate?

    PajaP, Dec 15, 2006
  15. Darren

    TurkReno Guest

    No. But I will say that if you are unaware of test stealing, then you
    should probably monitor the MCDST forums for certification and people
    phishing for people who are trying to get exam answers out. That's just
    my opinion. Others here may explain, who knows.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Dec 15, 2006
  16. Darren

    PajaP Guest

    Yes, OK thanks, I think ;)
    I still don't see the relevance of it in this thread though.

    PajaP, Dec 15, 2006
  17. Sad to say but most of his posts lately have made no sense.

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 15, 2006
  18. Darren

    TurkReno Guest

    You are very welcome.

    There is none. The point I chose to make is, I just finished a semester
    in college and I saw a lot of people cheating to get through the CCNA
    and, therein, also studying to pass the certification with NDA violated
    materials such as braindumps. Little do they know that their names and
    student ID's have already been taken to the Dean. Its just general
    frustration, that's all.

    As far as the MCDST comment, that's the next thing people are taking,
    70-620, 70-621, 70-622. I'd like to see the dumps stopped before they
    start.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP #50

    TurkReno, Dec 16, 2006
  19. Which college teaches CCNA classes? That would be a nice elective!

    Jonathan Roberts, Dec 16, 2006
  20. Darren

    CertGuard Guest

    CertGuard, Dec 16, 2006