    Hey i am reading the MS press book section on windows mail and newsgroups so
    i am just testing this out and plan to take the exam sometime next week.

    This will be my first exam ever any tips?

    Mark, Apr 11, 2008

  2. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 11, 2008

  3. Relax. Make sure you know the material, don't stress out too much over it.
    Make sure you do as much as you can hands on and read what the prompts say
    and just play around with Vista.

    And I made myself some notes to just basically cram about 30 minutes before
    the exam to just reinforce some things. It did help a bit.

    Dustin Harper, Apr 11, 2008
  4. Mark

    Dude Guest

    I recomend some hands on experience with Vista before taking the exam. I
    ordered an upgrade copy of Home Basic Vista and it really helped me study.
    Make sure to know the different hardware requirements of Vista Home Basic,
    Home Premium, Office, Ultimate, 32 or 64 Bit OS, etc. The hardware
    requirements for the Aero graphical interface seem to be an issue. Try a
    hands on test of the 'ReadyBoost' feature too. This is one of the exam
    objectives. The new features of Internet Explorer 7 were also exam
    objectives, as well as Windows Defender and the Phishing Filter. This exam
    was more focused on New Features than previous exams which focused more on
    core technologies like NTFS and file permissions.

    Dude, Apr 15, 2008
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hey i passed yesterday with a 810 :) i now plan to do either the 70-623 or
    70-622 can anyone give me some info on those?

    Mark, Apr 16, 2008
  6. Mark

    Dude Guest

    I passed 70-622. It was a tough exam. Besides Vista, you need to know about
    Server 2003 and Active Directory. You should probably have a basic
    understanding of IPV6 addressing too.

    I'm also a Server 2003 MCSE. 70-622 was similar to some of the MCSE exams.
    If you don't have experience with Server 2003 and Active Directory, then
    maybe 70-623 would be easier to pass.

    Dude, Apr 19, 2008