  1. lbills

    lbills Guest

    Will passing MCTS exam 70-526 earn a MCP designation? Thanks.

    lbills, Apr 11, 2007

  2. lbills

    Tony Wissler Guest

    Yes, It will.

    Per Microsoft's site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.mspx

    You will see the blurb: Note Exams 70-058 and 70-536 are exceptions to the
    one exam requirement. Passing either of these exams will not certify an
    individual as an MCP.

    BTW, I just took this exam this morning at 8:00am and Passed with a 900 with
    a requirement of 700 points. I don't know exactly what those numbers mean
    other then I didn't just scrape by.

    My best advice for the exam - KNOW the Data section from the exam spec sheet
    that is on the Microsoft site for 70-526. Especially XML!

    Regards-

    Tony Wissler
    _noSPAM_

    Tony Wissler, Apr 13, 2007

  3. lbills

    Moojjoo Guest

    Tony you said, "Yes, It will." BUT in the statement from microsoft it says,
    Passing 70-536 WILL NOT certify and individual as an MCP, so doesn't that
    mean that it

    WILL NOT Certify and individual as an MCP?

    Moojjoo, Apr 14, 2007
  4. lbills

    lbills Guest

    My current understanding (for what it's worth) is that passing 70-526 will
    earn MCP, but 70-536 will not. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

    lbills, Apr 15, 2007
  5. lbills

    Tony Wissler Guest

    Re-Read the post.

    Are we talking 70-526 or 70-536... ?

    526 alone, WILL

    536 alone, WILL NOT.

    Tony Wissler, Apr 17, 2007
  6. lbills

    Tony Wissler Guest

    From my understanding - you are correct!

    Tony Wissler, Apr 17, 2007
  7. lbills

    Jimmy Guest

    When you say MCP, is this diff than MCPD ?

    Jimmy, Apr 17, 2007