    books preparing for this exam. Can anyone recommend any good study materials?

    Thanks,

    Gary

    gary7584, Jun 22, 2009

  2. Apparently there aren't any published ... yet.
    Beyond exam-specific study guides (which, as noted, do not yet exist), I
    would recommend the following:

    1. SQL Server 2008 Books Online.
    2. The Inside SQL Server 2008 series of books.
    3. The training materials for the SQL 2005 70-441 and 70-442 exams
    plus the references in B.O.L. to the new features of SQL 2008
    relevant to development.
    4. The documented training materials for the 70-433 exam:
    https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-433&locale=en-us#tab3
    5. Anything else written on the topic of SQL Server 2008.

    And, expect, like all of the rest of the SQL Server exams over the past ten
    years...

    The exams will likely focus more on *NEW* features and capabilities, rather
    than features and capabilities that exist in previous versions.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Jun 22, 2009