    is a good strategy in succeeding in this exam.

    Cheers,

    Andy

    Inetztec, Aug 28, 2006

  2. Hey Inetzec,

    I'm afraid I have not taken that particular exam, but have taken quite a
    few, and from experience I can say that Microsoft Press Self-Study Guides are
    great. The one you will be interested in is called MCTS Self-Paced Training
    Kit (Exam 70-431): Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2005—Implementation and Maintenance
    (http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9364.asp). It comes with a great
    Readiness Review Suite which is powered by Measure-Up, and will help you
    guage when you are actually ready for the exam!

    Good luck and let us know how you do!

    Montreal MCSA, Aug 29, 2006

  3. Inetztec

    Inetztec Guest

    Hi Montreal MCSA,

    thanks for your responce and recommendation. Funny enough I did some further
    research on the net and found this book at amazon and thought this one looks
    very promissing. I have ordered this book which you recommended also. Should
    get it in the next 10 days.

    Will let you know how I went. You seem to be an active member of this forum
    because I read quite a view replies from you. I think I will find you again
    then.

    Cheers again,

    Andy

    Inetztec, Aug 29, 2006
  4. Hi Andy,

    There are a few of us who are pretty active here, and I am sure we all
    appreciate hearing positive feedback. Thanks for your words, and good luck
    with the exam! Right now I am studying for my next exam (70-272) which I am
    sitting for tomorrow. I passed 70-271 today and now just have to get this
    one out of my way. It's a pity that MS Press Readiness Review Suites do not
    seem to work in Windows Vista yet... glad I have the dual-boot!

    Montreal MCSA, Aug 29, 2006
  5. Just wanted to chime in that I have this book (one of the exams I am
    preparing for in my spare time, LOL). It seems good to me although I must
    say that I have not taken my first MS exam yet.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Sep 5, 2006
  6. Inetztec

    PeterB Guest

    Hi!
    I just took the 70-431 exam and managed well. However I really prepared for
    it and it still was harder than expected.. 2779 and 2780 Classroom courses, a
    refreshment of TSQL, Measureup practicetest and A LOT of late nights
    studying. I would not recommend self paced training for this exam, especially
    not for someone who doesnt work with SQL 2005 and has worked "just a bit with
    SQL 2000 about 3 years ago". Comparing to 70-290 and 291 I think this exam
    was hard.
    So prepare well and good luck.

    PeterB, Oct 8, 2006