Exam 70-300 Info

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Juma, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Juma

    Juma Guest

    Hi,

    I am pretty new to .Net and I started studying the MS
    PRESS book for Exam 70-300. I was pretty comfortable with
    it although I am a fresher to .Net and Microsoft
    Technologies.

    I am planning to read material from the MSDN site as well
    do the Transcender Practice tests.I am not sure whether
    that is enough preparation as see a lot of people failing
    on that and say that it is really difficult.

    I dont want to use BrainDumps and I am ready to work
    hard. The prerequisites say that we need atleast 2 years
    of experience before we take the test. Being a fresher
    just out of college would it be ok for me to go for it?
    Please guide me on this.

    Thanks in Advance!
    Juma

    Juma, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Juma

    Maria Guest

    If you are new to .NET then you may want to leave 70-300
    for last.
    The format of the Transcender demos is always pretty close
    to the real thing. You can find the demo download for 70-
    300 here: http://www.transcender.com/products/product.asp?
    SKU=KKSLC0400
    Search google newsgroups for "70-300" exam - you'll soon
    get a fair idea of the format and the different ways to
    prepare.
    I don't think many people have the full range of
    experience that 70-300 requires. Most of us will have to
    do some extra reading/practice/hard work to make up for
    the missing pieces. Don't just study for the exams though;
    take your time and aim to get a real understanding of the
    material - much more satisfying!

    Good luck
    Maria

    Maria, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Juma

    Pieter Guest

    Juma,

    I'd have to agree with Maria: Leave the 70-300 exam alone
    until you get all the others (win apps, web apps, web
    services and elective). After doing 4 other exams you'll
    be far more prepared for finding architecture solutions
    in .NET.

    Cheers!

    Pieter

    Pieter, Jul 10, 2003