    271?

    Basically I want to take the easiest exam first. I think it's going to be
    272. Any other opinions?

    Rookie, Dec 31, 2006

  2. when i study i dont consider anything easy because i dont study easily! i
    always make things hard on myself.

    Keith Chilton, Dec 31, 2006

  3. Rookie

    Richard Guest

    Start here http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.mspx
    note there are two core exams
    as you already know. Check out the requirements for each, then...the easiest
    exam would depend on your
    current knowledge and skill level

    Read through this newsgroup there are many informative post concerning the
    training and passing
    of these tests. Note the many posts by Michael D Alligood, Turkreno, and
    others.

    Richard

    Richard, Dec 31, 2006
  4. Rookie

    Rookie Guest

    I agree. Let me rephrase my request. Although 271 is not identified as a
    prerequisite for 272, is it unusual for DST's to take 272 first? I ask
    because my background is MOS Master Instructor (received earlier this year).

    Rookie, Dec 31, 2006
  5. Rookie

    Rookie Guest

    I have received my MOS Master Instructor certificate. Is this a safe
    indicator that 272 is suited for my background?

    Rookie, Dec 31, 2006
  6. Rookie

    Richard Guest

    Richard, Dec 31, 2006
  7. i ordered the MS press books at the same time off of Amazon.com .. The only
    reason I took 272 first was because the book got here first. haha

    Keith Chilton, Jan 1, 2007
  8. Great point. Regardless of what test you decide to take first, you still
    have to take both of them to achieve your MCDST. Review the requirements
    Richard linked you to and determine which one you would like to sit
    first. What is easy for one may be hardier for another. Good luck!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 1, 2007