EWA-Marine U-AXP Underwater Housing and Nikon D1x and 50 mm lens

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave Head, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Dave Head

    Dave Head Guest

    Hi,

    I'd like to hear from anyone that has gotten the subject items to work
    together.

    There is a plastic ring that must be supported around the lens (auto)focus ring
    to keep the water pressure from collapsing the flexible underwater case onto
    the focus ring and thereby prevent it from operating, and maybe burn out the
    autofocus motor. Using the supplied array of supposedly universal mounting
    brackets, I have found _no_ way to make them adjust to the position required to
    hold this plastic ring so it is positioned around the autofocus ring of my
    camera's 50 mm F1.4 Nikon lens.

    Has anyone else got this combination to work?

    Right now, my choices are looking like either asking for my money back and
    applying it to a new UW digital camera and forgetting about taking pictures
    with the D1x underwater, or taking the assembly to a machinist and having
    special brackets made.

    Any solutions greatly appreciated.

    Dave Head

    Dave Head, Feb 7, 2004