Evolution

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    Hot-Text Guest

    You Believe that Nothing is the God of All Gods!
    That we all will back to Nothing in the in Times!
    Be you Believe that from Nothing a Woman have a Son with out have Sex with a
    man!

    If so you are a Son of The God of Gods
    Because you believe that all thing come from NothingEverLasting!
    and that The Saver is the First SomethingEverLasting Son of Nothing!

    Isaiah 40:28
    Have you not known?
    Have you not heard?
    The Nothing is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
    He does not faint or grow weary;
    his understanding is unsearchable.

    Psalm 145:3
    Great is the Nothing and most worthy of praise;
    his greatness no one can fathom.

    The Word LORD was Mistake in definition in the old Books
    He say of hem self I Am who I AM
    NOTHING God of you Fathers

    Hot-Text, Nov 12, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    And that is a perfect example of why I didn't engage you further. You started
    name-calling early on, like a bitch, bitch.

    Pretty contradictory for a supposed Christian whom is supposed to practice
    tolerance. Or is that more the rule than the exception?

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    You're an idiot. Old Gringo and myself have been posting here consistently for
    years. You just showed up pretending to know everything.

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    It's easy to do.

    You have done 80% of the name calling and lying. If you don't like swearing,
    tough shit. "Smear Campaigns" lol.... good one. If I wanted to start a "smear
    campaign" against you, you 'ld know it. I'd whip out an old copy of News
    Maestro and make you look 10 times the fool you already do.

    Or you made it up, which is more likely.

    Nice jump there. You took a common phrase and made it my belief all of a
    sudden. Lame.
    Choke on a ham bone?
    Why did you do that, stupid?

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    I read your whole diatribe, and I'm not even going to extend the effort to
    reply. You put so many words in my mouth, half of my reply would be to admonish
    you about each and every lie you outright assumed, or just made up.

    I went to Christian schools for a few years, and had my fill of the Bible.

    And I didn't claim Mormon's were Christians, they do. Your squirrel tactics
    have been noted, and you can not be trusted.

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    You agree on what?
    That you are both liars and stupid too?[/QUOTE]

    <snip>

    When have a lied?

    Two points:

    1. Your language is abusive, and that does nothing for your credibility. An
    apology would be nice, but I am not the only one you owe an apology to.

    not your attitude), its a shame you didn't take the time to read and
    understand what I said. You have mis-quoted and mis-understood my post. The
    relevant quote is (complete with some of G. Morgan's text) is:

    == I really don't see the need to continue arguing with someone who is so
    == brainwashed by his faith that he can't see the truth that science has
    == already proven.
    ==
    == Dinosaurs= died 65 million years ago.
    == Humans = evolved 200,000 years ago
    =
    = I agree, it is sad to see someone so brainwashed by his faith that he
    can't
    = see the truth that science has already proven. You show someone evidence
    = that clearly conflicts with the millions of years dogma, yet their faith
    = prevents them from accepting it. Its a real shame. But what can you do
    with
    = people who refuse to accept the evidence? You might be right right in that
    = it might not be worth arguing with them.

    What I agreed on is that it is sad to see someone who has been so
    brainwashed by his faith (in this case evolution) that the can't see the
    truth that science has already proven.

    Science has not proven the ages quoted, and science can be used to
    demonstrate that they cannot be right. (Some examples I think have been
    given elsewhere in this thread.) Hence my next sentence which you seem to
    have missed: "You show someone evidence that clearly conflicts with the
    millions of years dogma [ie evolution] yet their faith prevents them from
    accepting it."

    If someone adamantly clings to a belief in evolution despite the evidence to
    the contrary then clearly its a faith position for them. In retrospect I'm
    not so sure about the brainwashing aspect, as that implies a conspiracy, and
    I'm sure that most of the teaching of evolution is done out of ignorance.

    I agree the evolution is an unproven theory. It cannot be demonstrated. The
    evidence which does not fit with it (of which there is much) is suppressed.
    Much of what is presented as evidence is heresay and conjecture. What is
    presented as hard evidence (eg the fossil record) actually supports the
    flood account better than it does evolution. For example, much of what I was
    taught in school about evolution is no longer taught today because its
    acknowledged that its wrong - yet the theory remains. That's a good example
    of dogma and faith. Shame about the consequences.

    Personally I think the only reason its popular is:

    1. People are not shown the conflicting evidence or alternative theory (i.e.
    creation), so they know no better.
    2. Emporer's new clothes - no basis for it yet everyone accepts it because
    (mostly) everyone else seems to.
    3. It justifies a rejection of Christianity. After all if we evolved then
    the Genesis account of creation cannot be correct, and that undermines the
    rest of scripture - if man didn't fall then there is no need for a redeemer
    (Jesus Christ).

    Before continuing your discouse with anyone - especially given your
    attitude - I suggest you take time out to study Matthew 7:6.

    Brian Cryer, Nov 12, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    Hot-Text Guest

    Old Gringo,,,, Don't pretend to know everything!
    Just That Big Old State of TEXAS and to us that is Everything!

    Hot-Text, Nov 12, 2010
  8. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    I spent several years in a Christian school.
    No. Reading periodicals, watching documentaries, and keeping up with the news
    are my primary sources.
    What about the poor souls (about 180,000 years worth of them) who never had the
    chance to try Christianity? Did they all go to hell? What about the more than
    2/3 of the present world's population that does not subscribe to Christianity?
    Are they all going to hell? Are they going to be "left behind" during this
    "rapture"?
    Am I to assume I'm the "dog" not worthy of hearing the "word"? My, what an
    exclusive club you run.

    I find it particularly deceitful that you addressed the message to me appearing
    to agree, yet were really not letting your opinion known. But, backstabbing is
    known to happen in gangs (I mean congregations).

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    You're like a little Chihuahua nipping at my heals now.

    I said "about a week", to me it seemed like a week.

    I don't have the time to bicker semantics with you.

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    Why can't you see the fact that I've consistently separated my belief in God,
    and my disdain for "religion". Not just Christianity. I am not an atheist, I
    am not anti-God, I am anti-religion (which is corrupted).
    There you go again... putting words in my mouth. I never wrote "Nazi" or
    "fascist".

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    So did I, but I'm not sure whether any of my teachers were Christian. I'm
    sure that many must have been, but I was never taught the gospel. So it
    might as well have been a non-Christian school.
    Its worth keeping abrest with both sides the discussion, otherwise you don't
    tend to see the problems with what is being presented (on either side). I
    know more about evolution, the "science" behind it and its failings because
    I know both sides.
    About 10,000 years worth. But I know we agree on that.

    Will those who reject the gospel to go hell - yes. Hebrews 9:27, Acts
    16:30-31. Rev 20:12.
    What about those who have never had the opportunity to hear? Good question,
    and one that I don't have a short answer to. Google turns up many hits, many
    of those will probably give a clearer answer than I would be able to.
    http://tinyurl.com/3xk6493
    No, it comes down to a point you made earlier. That of whether its worth
    arguing with someone if they aren't going to change their point of view.
    That was the point I wanted to make - I was not, or at least it was not my
    intention to paint you as a "dog", and if that is the impression that I've
    conveyed then my apologies as that was not my intention or my view.

    It was a point also addressed to "invalid..." but I'm beginning to share
    what I guess must be your opinion of him! I'd originaly given him the
    benefit of the doubt and considered him well intentioned but mis-guided. Now
    I think he's not someone worth responding to.
    It was not my intention to back-stab or mislead. I did agree with you that
    people are blinded by their faith. I also clarified what was meant. I was
    somewhat surprised that you agreed with me, but thought it best to leave it
    there. It does illustrate a point though, its easy to read into something
    what you want to read in, not what is actually there.

    Brian Cryer, Nov 12, 2010
  12. Congregations often devolve into a collective and chronic 'pack-mentality'
    as evinced by St. Paul's epistles; as well as St. James and St. Peter...

    A lot of this comes from a spontaneous inclination to "fake it until you
    make it" mentality... Case in point is the current day extrapolation by
    much of Christendom, especially certain Pentacostal and Church of God
    Assemblies, to a ritual of "Speaking in Tongues" facsimile.

    The great commission after the Pentacost instructed the recepients to go
    in two's [or more]; that whenever 2 or more were gathered in the Holy
    Spirit's name and were in agreement to anything, Heaven's will would
    be done on Earth as they agreed; also they were endowed with the powers
    of 1) healing the sick and raising the dead; 2) working signs and wonders;
    and 3) speaking in other tongues.

    #1 speaks for itself. #2 is generally held to be meteorlogical and/or
    geological events. #3 was bestowed so that amongst the various dialects
    and languages of the area, the recepients could accurately communicate
    even though they never had been previously exposed to that language.

    #1 occurs in the New Testament repeatedly. In fact, Paul and Silas
    actually cause the Spirit to strike a treasurer dead on the spot for
    embezelling tithes; which is the inverse of the actual gift as stated.
    #2 is documented on a few occasions, especially as St. Paul is
    imprisoned on his travels to Rome; e.g., earthquakes which free him;
    sea-storms which strand him; etc. Then there's #3....

    What an evolution that is!

    Darbyism happens in the late 1800s in the USA. Some dude reads the Bible,
    in King James Version English, and commences to drawing charts and time-
    tables and subsequently spreading this crap all over the place. (You see,
    Jesus, himself consistently warned/admonished when pressed for these
    details, "Only the father knows that...")

    Anyways, out of that movement came this ideation that "Speaking in
    Tongues" was evinced by some idiot babbling nonesense sounds and served
    as "proof" of their special connection to the Holy Spirit, thus to Jesus,
    himself, thus their naturual right to lead the pack. And just never-mind
    those other 2, because we gots the speaking in tongues down to an act!

    These believers in similar fallicies tend to implement a proctective
    mechanism which presents as a 'pack-mentality' against anyone whom they
    may perceive as a "threat" to their "faith" (actually a term employed
    to denote their unshakable beliefs, that would otherwise be shaken if
    they don't attack first). Can you say "oxymoronicalistism"?

    All that being said, that does NOT make the Christian foundation any less.

    It's like a pencil. You can use it to draw nasty pictures walls;
    or, to write beautiful poetry and prose...

    Or, you can use it like a spike and poke it straight-up someone's
    neck/jaw union, through their mouth and palate, into their brain
    and kill them them deader than fish dinner...

    It's all about decernment, determination and deployment.

    (And, of course, a really good lawyer; if you want to realize
    the full extent of eligible tax-exemption options.)

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    And... good luck if there's an apocalypse.

    (And some condoms... because I wouldn't want to be the first guy who
    survives the apocolypse on Murray Povich staring at DNA child support.)

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 12, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    POGO PUNY Guest

    I bet u just LOVE deployment of u'r mommy's DIRTY DIAPERS to sniff

    POGO PUNY, Nov 12, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    You accused me of lying. When have I lied?
    See above. Quote "... you are both liars and stupid too."

    When have I done any of the above?
    <snip>

    You are the one claiming to be a Christian. As a Christian I would not
    expect you to use language like that. I might not like others using such
    language, but I wouldn't expect them to pay any attention to me if I
    complained about it.
    Please go back and re-read what was posted. I did not accuse you of being
    brainwashed - although I agree that that assertion was made by someone else.

    If you look through my postings you will see that I have apologised when
    appropriate. I do not believe I owe you an apology because you seem to have
    deliberatly taken offense when none was given.
    No, they weren't. You snipped after the phrase "I agree". That changed the
    sense completely.
    Likewise. That's the one thing that I really can't abide. I accept that
    people make mistakes, but deliberate lying is something I view very poorly.
    I have not lied. Yet you seem intent on calling me a liar. I have asked you
    when I have lied and you have failed to show me. Are you lying or have you
    made a mistake in calling me one?

    If you would prefer to take this off-line then you shouldn't have any
    trouble in finding an email contact for me. I for one would prefer to be
    more open than I have, but I don't think that would do anyone any good in a
    public forum.

    Brian Cryer, Nov 12, 2010
  15. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    <STALK>

    Aardvark, Nov 12, 2010
  16. OldGringo38

    Jordon Guest

    It's in the chapter right after the theory of gravity.

    Plenty of physical evidence to back it up. Just can't
    quite connect all the dots.

    You have *any* physical evidence for your theory?

    Jordon, Nov 12, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Heels", you happy now?

    Pointing out spelling errors is low-brow, bad form.

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    You forgot the 4th "d", deception.
    Which is closely related to #4.

    The "Church of Scientology" gets tax-exempt status in the US. What a crock of
    shit.

    G. Morgan, Nov 12, 2010
  19. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    A very angry and slightly unbalanced one, it would seem.

    Aardvark, Nov 13, 2010
  20. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    I thought you Christian types were not supposed to judge people.

    g. 'John 8:7' morgan

    G. Morgan, Nov 13, 2010