Evolution

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. OldGringo38

    Jordon Guest

    invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    > In article<ibk6kq$vpn$-september.org>
    > Jordon<jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote:
    >
    >> invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >>
    >>> So where did science prove the THEORY of evolution?

    >> It's in the chapter right after the theory of gravity.

    > Where?

    Whoosh...

    > How come you couldn't quote it?

    Quote what?

    > And since when the theory of gravity is part of the theory of evolution?
    > You need to read a bit before you argue.

    Both are theories. Using the "it's just a theory" argument and
    saying there's no proof is like saying gravity is just a theory.
    Where's the proof of gravity? You can't prove it so my fairy
    tale must be true.

    >> Plenty of physical evidence to back it up. Just can't
    >> quite connect all the dots.
    >>

    > Which means that there is no evidence.
    >
    >> You have *any* physical evidence for your theory?

    > Yes, start by looking around you.

    I'm looking. I don't see any proof. All I see is the stuff stars
    are made of. Show me some scientific evidence. Got anything? One
    little shred of evidence, other than centuries old myths?

    Didn't think so.

    Jordon, Nov 15, 2010

  2. Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> says:

    > invalid@don't.bother.org.invalid wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes, start by looking around you.

    > I'm looking. I don't see any proof.

    In order to reconcile this argumentation, you'd have to define terms.

    A law of physics states that everything is in motion and remains in
    motion. Even down to atomic substructures, there is constant motion.
    "Time", as we know it, is merely a relationship between motion and
    distance. This is easiest demonstrated by observing an analog clock.

    What exactly is denoted by the usage of the term "evolution".
    Then, from what - to what? Parameters would need to be set...
    Ranges of allowable outside influences bearing on the movements
    from one stage to the next, etc.

    I can do a quick metaphor with the concept "miracles", which has
    similar controversies:

    Moses said to the head-hootie-tootie "Let my people go... or else
    [these things - in this order] [will happen]..."

    Currently there are indeed valid scientific explanations for every
    event which occured. The "miracle" part comes from Moses knowing
    the events were forthcoming, and the timing at which they came...
    which led to their being precisely utilized to achieve the stated
    ultimate objectives.

    Same with concepts of "evolution". Were there more primitive beings
    which prededed us? Antropologically and archeologically, it would
    certainly seem so. Does that make a concept which contradicts the
    concept of "creation"? Again, terms would have to be defined. Does
    the Bible story rule out the existence of other beings? I personally
    don't think so. Again, the "Bible" as we have it, is a compilation of
    cannonized books from various faithfully verified sources, and has a
    thesis of 'Man[kind]'s Reuninfication with His Creator [or with his
    Perfected State of Being]'. It is not meant to be strictly a science
    book; nor a history book; nor a book of all geneologies...

    The translations which emanate from the ancient stories into our Bible
    indicate God made man thusly "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of
    the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man
    became a living soul." --Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

    This comes from ancient Hebrew... for sure... possibly earlier. The point
    to be made here, and perhaps to be considered where you are, is that they
    simply did not have language for "primordal ooze" back then... This is
    after the likely-metephorical "7 days"; therefore, "time" is not under
    consideration or at issue as related in this scripture; nor are various
    stages of God's ongoing "research and development" efforts.

    There's some purists which may get all-up-and-indignat with me at this
    point and argue "God doesn't make mistakes!" Well, I'd have to instantly
    argue "Then why does God make it rain on the ocean?" to make a graphically
    illustrated point; however, in Genesis 3 there is the story of the
    rebellion, in which God makes a lot of changes ("evolution"?) subsequent to
    Adam's and Eve's fall from Grace and pursuant placement into their current
    temporal physical world. And, on top of that, God dwells with them for a
    time, checking in, protecting them and seeing to their physical needs, etc.
    God constantly negotiates with his humans... Lot would be case in point;
    wherein God is negotiated up to "10 righteous men" by Lot to save the
    cities of Sodom and Gomorrah from total destruction. Thus, everything is
    NOT preordained or predetermined by God to any predictable conclusion.
    So, with all those variables bearing on our day-to-day lives, some concept
    of "evolution" would naturally have to be incorporated into our
    considerations on this temporal journey - and some concept of "creation"
    cannot be totally eliminated.

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    http://www.boingboing.net/Smoky_The_Nanobot.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 15, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    WartRemover Guest

    In article <Xns9E3189685FEAFBuckyGram@207.246.207.167>,
    Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote:

    > I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    > was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    ....which was excreted into your mommy's geriatric really dirty diapers
    --
    "The world has moved on, leaving the non-entity Scott Lifshine in its wake"
    -Greendistantstar

    oWo
    |---|

    WartRemover, Nov 15, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 02:20:27 -0800, invalid wrote:

    > I think it is obvious to everyone who is the hater here.

    Yup. You.

    no hace mucho tiempo que vivía un hidalgo de los de lanza en
    astillero, adarga antigua, rocín flaco y galgo corredor."
    -Cervantes, 'Don Quixote'

    Aardvark, Nov 18, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "~BD~" <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
    > Brian Cryer wrote:
    >
    >> and I have no wish to see you did a bigger *whole* for your self in
    >> public.

    > Did you *really* mean to say that, Brian? ;-)
    >
    > D.

    Argh! No, its a typo.
    Well spotted.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Nov 18, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Brian Cryer" <> wrote:

    >"~BD~" <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
    >> Brian Cryer wrote:
    >>
    >>> and I have no wish to see you did a bigger *whole* for your self in
    >>> public.

    >> Did you *really* mean to say that, Brian? ;-)
    >>
    >> D.

    >Argh! No, its a typo.
    >Well spotted.

    Which typo? I see 3 misspellings.

    G. Morgan, Nov 18, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "G. Morgan" <> wrote in message
    > "Brian Cryer" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"~BD~" <~BD~@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message

    >>> Did you *really* mean to say that, Brian? ;-)
    >>>
    >>> D.

    >>Argh! No, its a typo.
    >>Well spotted.

    > Which typo? I see 3 misspellings.

    Yes, goofed on that one. Should have re-read it before posting!
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian

    Brian Cryer, Nov 19, 2010