  1. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Is this all there is to it?

    OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010

  2. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    If man evolved from ape, why don't we see apes turning into men now?

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010

  3. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans are a species of ape
    that evolved from ancestors common to other apes.

    Straw-man sound bites do not provide much of an argument.

    Mike "providing a link makes two new gaps" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  4. OldGringo38

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Maybe there was a limit? It seems to be working the other way around
    now. :)

    OldGringo38, Oct 3, 2010
  5. OldGringo38

    philo Guest

    man did NOT evolve from ape

    it seems that 75% of people get this one wrong.

    evolution states simply that man and ape had a common ancestor...

    although on Usenet there is sufficient evidence to see man devolving to ape!

    philo, Oct 3, 2010
  6. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    pssssst....joke sarcasm flippancy etc....

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  7. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    pssssst joke, flippancy, sarcasm uhum <clears throat>

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  8. §ñühw¤£f, Oct 3, 2010
  9. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    My jokes require a certain amount of intellect to be be funny. Usually
    around an IQ of 70.

    HTH

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  10. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    Aw, attack of the Revenge Dweeb. How sweet.

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  11. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Please don't encourage the use of emoticons, making them clever
    and/or funny should be the main method of identification.

    Mike "or at least a bad pun" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  12. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    There's the problem. Most of us have a much higher IQ.

    Mike "but that wasn't twice as funny" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  13. OldGringo38

    Meat Plow Guest

    Starting at 70. But you already knew that.

    Meat Plow, Oct 3, 2010
  14. OldGringo38

    Mike Yetto Guest

    It was a poor joke fifty years ago when it appeared in an Archie
    comic. And it is just as spurious now as then.

    Mike "not even hyenas would laugh at that" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Oct 3, 2010
  15. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    dude... If you have not seen the movie "Idiocracy", go get it now! You will
    laugh your ass off. It's about the de-evolution of our species. And it's a
    Mike Judge film (al-la King Of The Hill, Bevis and Butthead). But the movie is
    not animated.

    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010
  16. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    One walk through of the Museum of Natural Science in NYC will clear all that up!
    I just went a month ago, pretty impressive.
    No doubt.

    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010
  17. OldGringo38

    G. Morgan Guest

    FWIW I thought it was funny. Never heard that one.

    G. Morgan, Oct 3, 2010
  18. OldGringo38

    Whiskers Guest

    Individuals never evolve. "Apes turning into men" would be metamorphosis,
    if it were to happen at all.
    Are straw monkey sound bites infectious?
    .... and a missing link is just a gap between gaps in understanding ...

    Whiskers, Oct 3, 2010
  19. OldGringo38

    Whiskers Guest

    [...]
    Let us know if you acquire the intellect to make your jokes funny. (You
    did rather ask for that!) <WEG>

    Whiskers, Oct 3, 2010
  20. OldGringo38

    Brian Cryer Guest

    Did you read the Emporer's New Clothes at school? That about sums it up.

    Brian Cryer, Oct 4, 2010