Evolution Timelapse Video - Photo Editing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ryan, Dec 17, 2006.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    I presume many of you have seen the "Dove Evolution" video where they
    time lapse a model's photoshoot and the subsequent photo enhancement
    techniques, then the billboard version.

    Does anyone know definitively what software the graphic editor is using,
    or perhaps of more interest, what tool they are using during the
    stretching portions. I've read a lot of speculation about it, and one
    would quickly assume photoshop, although I am not familiar with that
    brush/tool they are using to make the stretch alterations.

    Although not well versed in liquify myself, I know that liquify is
    capable of similar actions, but it doesn't seem familiar. In the
    video, the person draws a bounding box (lasso) around the entire head
    and then moves the whole block (a stretch, not a cut). On the eyebrow
    section, (s)he uses a technique I've not seen before and I am curious
    about the ovals they construct for the neck alterations.

    If you aren't familiar, a quick search for those keywords on youtube
    will find it.

    Does anyone recognize this and care to explain it?

    Ryan, Dec 17, 2006