Evolution after MCTS

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by maggotbrain, Nov 23, 2008.

  1. maggotbrain

    maggotbrain Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm a bit new here on these forums, and I'm sure that you guys can help me
    with some questions I have about the dotnet certifications.
    At the moment I have an MCTS in
    ..Net Framework 2.0: Windows Applications and
    ..Net Framework 2.0: Web Applications (just got it 2 days ago)

    Now I thought that there was a next step, like MCAD, certified application
    developer, but it seems that this type is for the 1.1 framework.
    I would want to evolve to a higher level of course, but I can't really find
    if that is possible. I've done the following exams:

    528 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Web-based Client
    Development
    536 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development
    Foundation
    526 TS: Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 - Windows®-based Client
    Development

    Are there any higher level dotnet exams, or good architect exams?
    Can anybody put me on the way?

    Tnx!

    Greetz,

    Koen

    maggotbrain, Nov 23, 2008

  2. The "next step" in the .NET Framework v2.0 realm is the MCPD (Microsoft
    Certified Professional Developer).
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/default.mspx

    Having completed the -536, -526, and -528, you have three different pathways
    to go:

    MCPD: Windows Developer by taking exam -548

    MCPD: Web Developer by taking exam -547

    or
    MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer by taking exams -529 and -549

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 23, 2008

  3. maggotbrain

    maggotbrain Guest

    great thanks for this extremely clear answer :)

    greetz,

    Koen

    maggotbrain, Nov 23, 2008