  1. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    On your next trip to NY I will be happy to demonstrate.

    PeterN, Aug 16, 2011

  2. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    I've never been to NY, have no plans to go either.

    So why not explain how it's done it here.

    Whisky-dave, Aug 16, 2011

  3. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Why go online why not use system profiler to check to see if your
    apps
    are PPC or intel. There were warnings years ago about going from PPC
    to Intel
    a similar thing happened when they went from 68k to PPC.
    I still have 68k apps that I'd like Lion to run but I know there's no
    way.

    I'd be interested to know why the OP wanted to go to Lion anyway, is
    it just "I must have the lastest......"

    Whisky-dave, Aug 16, 2011
  4. []
    Watch out for driver issues on 64-bit XP, though.

    I have Vista SP2 on a couple of PCs here, and it's OK with the devices I
    have. Like many Operating Systems, it does need enough physical memory to
    work well.

    Windows-7 refines Vista and has been a joy to use, even from the beta
    release. For most things, it's probably my preferred OS, although Windows
    XP is rather leaner and meaner, which can be an advantage in some
    real-time data capture applications on limited capability kit.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Aug 17, 2011
  5. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    yes as a university those that knew what they were doing stayed well
    away,
    while those individuals that wanted the lastest brought vista but
    weren;t supported.
    With 15,000 studentsacxross 5 or more buildings just a little more
    expensive is a lot.
    we also need compatability, XP 64 had many problems at the time
    including not being compatable with virus checkers,
    can you iumahge the problems with 1,000s of students from not only the
    UK we have 500+ in china swapping files
    sending emails which include essays, student software codes, on-line
    tests, coursework and general email
    from most countries in teh world and not having virus protection is
    asking for trouble.
    There were just too many problems to make the short term investment.
    What use is it to the majority whenyou might need to users to make
    iundividual workarouind when running MS office 2010 !

    Whisky-dave, Aug 17, 2011