    I really don't appreciate Apple's software hijacking my system this
    way!

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 3, 2011

  2. ChrisCoaster

    Paul Guest

    Did you look in your Control Panels ?

    There could be a QuickTime control panel in there, and it has some
    file associations. I'm pretty sure, when installing QuickTime in
    the past, I denied it permission to grab any associations (as I'd prefer
    to just load the QuickTime player, if I really needed it). But checking
    now, in a Win2K install, the QuickTime control panel shows it has grabbed
    a fair number of associations anyway.

    iTunes is an "ecosystem" rather than a program, so expect
    collateral damage when you install it.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 3, 2011

  3. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    Dude, you should start your own podcast! LOL. Seriously. actually
    Paul I went to Internet Explorer Tools>Manage Addons> and disabled the
    Apple Quicktime one. I went to a known mp3 site, clicked on a MP3
    Link. It asked me if I wanted to open or download, I clicked open, and
    WMP11 opened and played it just fine. It has not asked me again
    since.

    Thanks for the explanation Paul.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Sep 3, 2011