    Could it be because I have no PS2 devices connected?
    I am on wireless keyboard/mouse.
    Carlos

    Guest, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guess I have found the answer myself, though I have not been able to try it
    (gotta get my wife out of the keyboard, she's playing the darned Solitaire).
    http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/showthread.php?t=140641
    Fact is that I watched event viewer in another Vista x64 PC, also with
    wireless USB mouse/keyboard and no PS/2 devices and guess what...
    There was no event id 7026 error!
    What was the difference then (apart from hardware)
    The answer was not blowing in the wind but in the aforementioned page, which
    I now quote:
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ i8042prt \ Start

    .. . . when the DWORD Value was 1 ( enabled ) - I got Event ID 7026

    .. . . when I changed it to 0 ( disabled ) - this didn't fix it

    .. . . when I changed it to 4 ( restricted ) - this fixed it"

    My PC has a 1, causing the error.
    The "other" PC has a 4, not causing the error.
    I am eager to test this but, you know, SHE is using MY PC!
    Hope this helps anyone having this problem.
    Carlos

    Guest, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Problem fixed.

    Guest, Apr 26, 2007
  4. Hello Carlos,
    For drivers and services
    Start Value of 0 is boot, it's not disabled
    Start Value of 4 is disabled

    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Apr 26, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks, Darrell.
    Now I wonder...
    What was the value of 1 I had in my registry?
    Is there any table I can read in order to understand those values?
    Carlos

    Guest, Apr 26, 2007
  6. Guest

    Kue2 Guest

    Hey!!
    I got a wireless keyboard & mouse too.......no error msg here h-key -d-word
    set to 1 here no problems....
    LG Mouse +Flatron keyboard.....seems too work fine... is your problem fixed
    now setting D-word to (4)???

    Kue2, Apr 27, 2007
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Yes, it is fixed with a 4.
    I have a MS Wireless Desktop 6000 (keyboard + mouse).
    Monitor is an LG Flatron 17"
    Carlos

    Guest, Apr 27, 2007