Even bigger than Sony's launch yesterday?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ian Burley, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Ian Burley

    Ian Burley Guest

  2. "So what's it going to be about? What is your hunch? Let the speculation
    begin!"

    Canon 3D. A new lower noise version of the 1Ds sensor in an EOS 3 body with
    10D class electronics, for a full f stop lower noise than the 10D. (I.e. 3D
    noise at ISO 800 will be lower than 10D noise at ISO 400, etc. It's lowest
    ISO setting will be ISO 400, where it will be the lowest noise DSLR on the
    market, regardless of ISO setting. ISO 3200 will be quite usable, ISO 6400
    will require NeatImage, but ISO 12800 will be a tad funky.)

    It'll have tiny buffers so it won't compete with the 1D, 1Ds, D2h, etc., but
    the rest of us will be wetting our pants.

    It will also come with an anti-drool function, which, unfortunately, won't
    work unless you buy the camera. (Thanks to Bob Atkins of photo.net for this
    idea.)

    Oh, yes. Price. US$3,000.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    PS: Well, I can dream, can't I???

    David J. Littleboy, Aug 17, 2003

  3. ROFL! Reminds me. About a year before I bought my first digital (C2020), my
    niece (then pre-grade school, in extreme rural Japan) had a toy plastic
    digital camera that produced postage-stamp sized ultra-low resolution
    ultra-low contrast pictures using a fax thermal printer sort of technology.
    They were really really terrible, but she seemed to enjoy it. Sort of the
    Holga of digital cameras.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Ian Burley

    Ian Burley Guest

    That would be pretty amazing but I can't see Canon ditching all their hard
    work on the conventional Bayer RGB CMOS line, unless of course they have
    produced a CMOS Foveon...

    A fun idea!

    Ian

    Ian Burley, Aug 18, 2003