    has expired and the computer will shut down in one hour.

    Good going, MS marketing people. There's nothing more comforting than a
    notice that your computer is about to become a paperweight in an hour.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 16, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    DC Guest

    These days, don't they become paperweights the minute you leave the
    BestBuy parking lot? My P4 1.5 used to be blazing fast. Oh well.

    <g>

    DC, Dec 16, 2005

  3. Well, first off, I've not bought a computer as a system in diety knows
    how long. I always put together what I want to use. But at the moment
    I'm on my secondary computer at home. It's an Athlon 2000, several years
    old and still does great. The one with the XP 64 bit install is a 4200
    Athlon dual-core processor. There's some programs that really show it's
    got all that horsepower, and then there's some things that the 2000 can
    do just about as well and as fast.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 16, 2005