Eureka!!! I didn't see a single message or thread touting the Sigma SD-9!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark Herring, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. Mark Herring

    Mark Herring Guest

    Gee......I was grateful to ole GP and his many aliases. I knew that
    color fringing was an issue in the old days of the 640x480 Mavica, but
    I had allowed myself to believe that with 2Mp or so, it ceased to be
    an issue.

    Now, with the whole Sigma/Foveon story (I read every word), I know
    how inferior my little Bayer is. I wonder why the poictures look so
    good?

    Funny thing: Sigma is not selling, and are rumored to be leaving the
    camera business. Every new model that comes on the market is a Bayer.
    I wonder if maybe GP was wrong all this time???? No--how could this
    be? He sounded so sure of himself.

    This is giving me a headache--I need an aspirin. Just read a post in
    alt.medicine.quackery about the new Foveon aspirin.........you'll
    never guess the author.

    Merry Christmas
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Dec 8, 2003

  2. Mark Herring

    BG250 Guest

    Interesting. If true, are they still making lenses? I found the optical
    quality of their glass to be rather good. I'm afraid to buy them though
    because of the compatibility issue with new bodies. Who want to ship off a
    lens to make it compatible. It is like it broke and has to be repaired!
    There are some decent telephoto primes I'd like to get second hand, but none
    of them work with Canon's d-SLRs. Who wants to buy a used lens and then have
    to ship it off and pay $$ to make it work? May as well get the used Canon.

    BG250, Dec 8, 2003