Eudora Pro 3.0.5 Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony!, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Tony!

    Tony! Guest

    Ya I know it's old.. But it works nice and who needs html in email and
    all the worms/virii that goes with it?

    Hoping someone still uses it or remembers how to help me out :)

    After years of using this app, all the sudden when double clicking on
    a newly arrived email...,
    The email msg opens it up, but the window that holds the message opens
    up into a very -vertically-thin window..

    Every new email that I want to read, I have to click and hold and drag
    down the bottom of the window so I can enlarge it and see the content.

    This has gotten rather old through the past several months..

    I've tried opening a new msg, enlarging it and closing the app hoping
    it'll save back to the way it was, but no go..

    I'm at a loss.. any suggestions?

    Tony!

    Tony!, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Tony!

    °Mike° Guest

    Export/back up your address book etc. and uninstall
    Eudora, then reinstall.

    °Mike°, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Tony!

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Dang that's old. It will keep happening with more frequency until you
    upgrade. Eudora is at version 6 now. To fix your problem. Write down all
    your mail settings. Close Eudora, Inside your Eudora folder, for that
    version the default path is C:\Eudora, there is a eudora.ini file, rename it
    to eudora.old. Restart Eudora enter all your mail settings and you are done.
    Like I said that problem will continue to happen because you are using an
    old version of Eudora which has a limit of the number of messages it can
    hold. Eudora recommends 1000 total that is a total of all mailboxes.

    pcbutts1, Oct 19, 2003