Eudora 6.0 and Norton Anti-virus 2003 problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dr. Carleton Bradley, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. I upgraded to Eudora 6.0 a few weeks ago, and it seems to be working
    just fine...; except that every time I check mail, I check every 30
    minutes, I receive anywhere from six to twenty four "red and white"
    messages from Norton Anti virus telling me that it has found a virus and
    deleted it.

    Now I'm very happy that it has done that but these messages are terribly
    annoying.

    I just want it to find the viruses and delete them silently without
    making me click OK for each "W32SWEN" that it finds.

    I told NAV to stop checking mail as it arrives. That didn't stop the
    messages.

    Then I changed a setting to say "repair or quarantine silently"

    That hasn't helped either.

    It will download all of the mail, but then I have to click and reclick
    way to many times to get the warnings off the screen.

    Is this something that can be fixed? Or is it a fatal incompatibility
    between Eudora 6.0 and Norton?

    When the lion lays down with the lamb, the bulbs must be replaced
    frequently!

    Dr. Carleton Bradley, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Dr. Carleton Bradley

    °Mike° Guest

    Oh, that is such sweet revenge for a low-down spammer, Clyde!!

    °Mike°, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Dr. Carleton Bradley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Spammer! ahaha I hate spammers.

    pcbutts1, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Dr. Carleton Bradley

    fkasner Guest

    Go to NAV and use the options menu to set the action for a deleted
    attachment to not only delete the attachment but to delete the file it
    accompanied. Works for me. I got tired of dealing with the notices one
    at a time as well as you did.
    FK

    fkasner, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Ok thanks partner. I will give that a shot. It really is frustrating to
    have to deal with this mess 24/7/365.

    I'm also thinking about changing all of my email addresses as well. Some
    people say that will help.

    And so it grows!

    Dr. Carleton Bradley, Nov 4, 2003
  6. Dr. Carleton Bradley