    you plug into any outlet and then you plug your ethernet into the
    unit. Does anyone know of the units or a link??

    Thanks

    gene martinez, Dec 8, 2005

  2. On 08.12.2005 22:27 gene martinez wrote
    Have a look at http://www.devolo.com/co_EN/index.html

    Arnold

    Arnold Nipper, Dec 8, 2005

  3. gene martinez, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Check out newegg.com and search for "powerline". You will see their
    power-over-Ethernet products and their Ethernet-over-power. I asked for 2
    of the Belkin Ethernet-over-power devices for Christmas. I will post a
    review on my site soon after I get them. :)

    Regards,
    Steve
    www.networking-forum.com

    www.networking-forum.com, Dec 9, 2005
  5. Google for "powerline". There are quite a few products around. But be aware of
    the following:
    - these products will not work if the way between the two boxes passes some
    sort of a line filter
    - they won't work with a 66% probability if the way between the two boxes
    goes through a fuse box

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    Postfach 1169 Internet: [email protected] dot mpg dot de
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

    Christoph Gartmann, Dec 9, 2005
  6. gene martinez

    MC Guest

    Most homes (and office building) have multiple feeds, homes have two,
    that are split from the transformer to give you both 240 and 120 volt
    supply. As with many devices that use the AC wiring to transmit signals,
    including these, the signal gets dropped between these two feeds since
    there is not direct coupling except the transformer in most cases which
    acts as a big attenuator (inductive load) to the higher frequencies that
    are needed to be passed through the wiring.

    I would guess since some power companies are sending date through major
    power lines there would be some product out there that could couple the
    high frequencies between the two feeds.

    If anything some real good in electronics could whip up something pretty
    cheap, would just need a high power filter to block the AC power and
    pass just the frequencies needed.

    MC

    MC, Dec 11, 2005