    Would I be better off just getting an ethernet card for a PCI slot? Or is
    there something I'm NOT doing which could enable it properly?

    Mark

    mark mandell, Oct 31, 2003

  2. mark  mandell

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    This is an onboard NIC? If so, check the board's manual to see if there is
    a jumper to disable it. Also, what do you mean by "Not work"? Does it not
    get detected, or does it get detected and the drivers install but it
    doesn't pull an IP address, can't ping/be pinged when you assign a static
    address, etc.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    website: under construction

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 31, 2003

  3. mark  mandell

    Plato Guest

    I doubt it's disabled by default.

    Plato, Oct 31, 2003
  4. mark  mandell

    mark mandell Guest

    I finally got it fixed by taking it to the place I bought it from(actually
    bought it at the local Computer Expo about a month ago). The tech who
    fixed it just had more patience than I but I was on the right track anyway.

    mark mandell, Nov 1, 2003
  5. mark  mandell

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    And the solution was...?

    DeMoN LaG, Nov 1, 2003
  6. mark  mandell

    Trent© Guest

    Probably...plug the cable into the NIC that was enabled! lol

    As you suggested, he probably had 2 NIC's in the computer...and had
    the cable on the wrong one.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Nov 2, 2003