    (two networks for the price of one!)

    Thanks!

    Bill.

    Bill, Jul 10, 2006

  2. Bill,

    I know older laptops didn't come with an ethernet port so I thought I would
    ask if you have one like that thus your question. The reason for asking is
    that if you can get away with it, a USB wi-fi NIC is better. If you have a
    working built in ethernet port you can do what you want in one go. If not,
    you can cheaply buy a USB wi-fi NIC and a USB to Ethernet converter,
    assuming that you have USB available on your laptop.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Jul 10, 2006

  3. Bill

    Guest Guest

    AFAIK no. these are two very different technologies.
    Today you can get a basic USB ethernet adapter just for $1 at ebay,
    so jamming another piece of PHY into cardbus enclosure isn't worth any effort.
    If you're planning such product, think again :)

    --PA

    Guest, Jul 11, 2006