  1. Diogenes

    Diogenes Guest

    Or are my settings corrupt?

    Diogenes, May 26, 2010

  2. Diogenes

    John Cawston Guest

    No. Same issues here.

    JC

    John Cawston, May 26, 2010

  3. Diogenes

    John Cawston Guest

    Such as?

    JC

    John Cawston, May 26, 2010
  4. It's just had a little rest. All good again now. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 26, 2010
  5. Diogenes

    A _L_ P Guest

    Yes, but it's been having rather too many of these little rests in the
    last few weeks.

    A L P

    A _L_ P, May 26, 2010
  6. Diogenes

    -Newsman- Guest

    I'm getting infinitely more value than I'm paying for, though.

    How about you?

    -Newsman-, May 26, 2010
  7. You get what you pay for.
    Remind me again how much a month you pay for it, would you?

    Friar Scooter, May 26, 2010
  8. You are talking to Roger Sheppard, the well known internet cretin with over 200
    known aliases so far.
    This is just the latest.
    Gerg indeed!!

    Friar Scooter, May 26, 2010
  9. Diogenes

    Donchano Guest

    Reminds me of the classic saying:
    "
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value
    of nothing."

    Donchano, May 26, 2010
  10. Diogenes

    Supergoofy Guest

    Ditto, couldn't connect at all yesterday. Got through today but it asked
    me for my username and password first up ... then asked me for my
    password again a few minutes ago.

    But it's free, so we get what we pay for. :eek:)

    Rachel

    Supergoofy, May 27, 2010
  11. Diogenes

    Brian Dooley Guest

    I have always worked 'off-line' so it doesn't bother me much at
    all. If it isn't there when I call it I just shut down for a
    short while and try again later.

    If you can find a better 'ole go to it.

    Brian Dooley, May 27, 2010
  12. Yep ... and another this morning. Still, it's worth every cent I pay for it.
    :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 27, 2010
  13.
    Bruce Sinclair, May 27, 2010
  14. Diogenes

    bAZZ Guest

    You can't go past the free and still developed by hobbiest users GRAVITY
    newsreader. Can be as powerful or as simple as you the user require and
    is really dead easy even for a novice to use. I have tried many over the
    years and always came back to Gravity.

    Go here to get latest version http://mpgravity.sourceforge.net/

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Jun 8, 2010
  15. Diogenes

    John Cawston Guest

    Thanks. Looks good, but it doesn't like "news.ihug.co.nz" as the server.
    Any suggestions?

    JC

    John Cawston, Jun 8, 2010
  16. Diogenes

    Dave Doe Guest

    I used it when I was on Ihug for years. What's the problem (still using
    Gravity, BTW, +1 on the suggestion, great reader).

    Dave Doe, Jun 8, 2010
  17. Diogenes

    Dave Doe Guest

    Does Ihug still *have* a usenet server? (Searching 'ihug usenet' or
    just 'usenet' on their (Vodafone's) search page returns no results.

    Dave Doe, Jun 8, 2010
  18. Diogenes

    John Cawston Guest

    It doesn't like (or ihug doesn't) the news server address being
    news.ihug.co.nz. When I try to download newsgroups it tells me I don't
    have permission to talk.

    JC

    John Cawston, Jun 8, 2010
  19. Diogenes

    SteveM Guest

    I use news.akl.ihug.co.nz

    Bigted

    SteveM, Jun 8, 2010
  20. Diogenes

    Dave Doe Guest

    That doesn't sound like a Gravity problem. What is the exact error
    message?

    Dave Doe, Jun 8, 2010