    http://www.browserreport.com/

    Any of this information may be seen by *any* URL one visits.

    'Not a lot of people know that!' ;)

    ~BD~, Mar 13, 2009

  2. ~BD~

    Bit Twister Guest

    Bit Twister, Mar 13, 2009

  3. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Thank you for that site, Bit Twister. :)

    Very interesting information.

    I was especially pleased to be referred to OpenDNS, viZ:-

    OpenDNS is the world's largest and fastest-growing DNS provider, making
    the Internet safer, faster, smarter and more reliable for millions of
    people around the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company
    operates a new kind of recursive Domain Name System (DNS) service that
    enables the delivery of services like Web content filtering and
    industry-leading phishing protection through the DNS, free and without
    requiring users to download or install software. OpenDNS is thoroughly
    committed to operating the best DNS platform in the world and to
    improving the Internet. For more information about OpenDNS, please
    visit: http://www.opendns.com

    ~BD~, Mar 13, 2009
  4. ~BD~

    Cautious Joe Guest

    I dont know a lot about security - but why do you think any of this
    information matters? So some website records your ip and type of os /
    browser etc - so what?
    what are they going to do and what can they do with that information to
    harm me?
    I just dont get it.
    If i go and ring someone's door bell - of course they are going to open
    the door and see me. what is the harm guys?

    Cautious Joe, Mar 13, 2009
  5. It happens that Cautious Joe formulated :
    Why are you then hiding your IP when posting to this group? You people
    advocating the right of others to know all about your computer habits
    are very funny.

    You are hiding your IP and your are posting under a nickname. Why do
    you hide your real name when posting? What do you have to hide?

    I hide my IP because I have something to hide, but since you do not,
    why do that.

    And regarding http://gemal.dk/browserspy/

    They have now an easier to remember URL:
    http://browserspy.dk/

    Frank Merlott, Mar 15, 2009
  6. ~BD~

    Cautious Joe Guest

    What are you talking about Frank?
    I am not 'hiding' my IP when posting to this group. Presumably if my IP
    is not visible it may have something to do with my newsserver - I do not
    know why it is not visible to you.

    What is more, I am not 'advocating' anything, yet you write "You people
    advocating the right of others to know all about your computer habits
    are very funny" ?

    I simply asked a question - which has not had any meaningful answer so
    far - only your rant.

    Cautious Joe, Mar 15, 2009
  7. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    A little over the top there, Shiraz.

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  8. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    Yes you are.
    You don't how to read a header? Or a TOS? Are you a tosser?

    From: Cautious Joe <>
    Newsgroups: alt.computer.security
    Subject: Re: Essential information about your web browser
    Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:45:09 +0000

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  9. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    lol You do know a lot about being a duplicious assclown though.
    You would never understand, you don't know anything about security,
    remember?
    Got that part right.
    Depends on what you like. Today, you look like an AssClown.

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  10. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    Wrong, wrong, wrong, AssClown. You asked several questions, got expert
    the expert answers and, in the process attempted to answer your own
    questions yourself.

    This is what is called "assclowning", AssClown.

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  11. Joseph, welcome to Freeware University and as we say

    FU

    A freeware scientist will be along any week now with suitable freeware,
    tested using Bearmoron protocols.

    Of course.

    ARACari, Ph.D., Mar 15, 2009
  12. ~BD~

    No One Guest

    So what we have here is an assclown, correct?

    No One, Mar 15, 2009
  13. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    Essentially, yes.

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  14. ~BD~

    Preesi Guest

    Preesi, Mar 15, 2009
  15. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  16. ~BD~

    \+\ Guest

    I thought we determined he was an assclown?

    \+\, Mar 15, 2009
  17. Ari-El said AssClown, no not assclown, can we agree agreement?

    Mohamed Elshayal, Mar 15, 2009
  18. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    We've moved on from tosser, yes. Indeed. Exactly.

    And such.

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009
  19. +1

    Thomas Stevens, Mar 15, 2009
  20. ~BD~

    Ari® Guest

    It doesn't have to be my way. Let's ask the AssClown.

    AssClown, do you prefer tosser, assclown or AssClown, AssClown?

    Ari®, Mar 15, 2009