    out are leaving tracks in the print. Is this paper so slick that the
    ink sits right on top?
    Bill

    Bill, Aug 23, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    > This afternoon I am printing some snaps on Fuji Premium Plus glossy
    > paper. The last rollers in the printer that touch the print on its way
    > out are leaving tracks in the print. Is this paper so slick that the
    > ink sits right on top?
    > Bill

    If you are using a new paper this may be the problem. Is there a
    thickness control for the paper? If there is make sure it is set
    properly. Also make sure you have picked the proper paper type in
    the print driver program. Glossy prints more slowly than matte.

    It is also possible that your printer needs to be serviced. Try
    some other paper (not glossy) and see if it is OK.

    --
    Robert D Feinman - Landscapes, Panoramas, Photo Tips
    Web Site: http://robertdfeinman.com

    Robert Feinman, Aug 23, 2007

  3. In article <>,
    Bill <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    > This afternoon I am printing some snaps on Fuji Premium Plus glossy
    > paper. The last rollers in the printer that touch the print on its way
    > out are leaving tracks in the print. Is this paper so slick that the
    > ink sits right on top?
    > Bill

    You must use Epson paper (or decent counterfeit Epson paper) in the 2200.

    You can try setting the paper type to "plain" but the driver will
    cripple the rendering quality. There used to be open source Epson
    drivers that could deal with other kinds of paper. You might want to
    search for that to see if the project is still active.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Aug 25, 2007
  4. Bill

    Mike Russell Guest

    > Bill <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> This afternoon I am printing some snaps on Fuji Premium Plus glossy
    >> paper. The last rollers in the printer that touch the print on its way
    >> out are leaving tracks in the print. Is this paper so slick that the
    >> ink sits right on top?
    >> Bill

    Yes, exactly. These marks are called "chicken tracks" by some
    practitioners. It is due to the ink sitting on the surface of the paper
    instead of being absorbed.

    Some people have solved this problem by modifying their printers, removing
    the "pizza cutter" wheels that cause this problem, with no apparent ill
    effect to the print.
    --
    Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com

    Mike Russell, Aug 26, 2007