    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=794>.

    Nobody should be introducing new external connectors to PCs that aren’t hot-
    pluggable. We left all that nonsense behind with SCSI.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Feb 18, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Richard Guest

    It is for me, just tell windows to remove the device in the tray, tells
    me I can remove it, unplug it.

    Plug a drive in and within a few seconds it autolaunches.

    It doesnt do that if you use IDE emulation, for obvious reasons that IDE
    is not swappable, but a refresh in device manager will have it finding a
    new drive, and unplugging when not writing to it seems to have minimal
    ill effect, unless you are dumb enough to have a drive formatted in FAT

    Richard, Feb 18, 2010

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Yep, same for me. My desktop machine has one fixed (system) drive and four
    SATA HDD bays. I did have to download a little app that allows me to stop
    them, (I'm running XP on it) similar to a USB 'safely remove' thing that
    sits in the systray.
    Mmm. I'm using ACHI mode, on both my desktop and my laptop.
    --
    Shaun.

    Nota bene: 'Return to' email is very rarely checked, if at all. It's spam
    city but is a req. of my NNTP providor.

    ~misfit~, Feb 18, 2010