Errors In Descriptions On Packaging...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Josh, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Josh

    Josh Guest

    I have noticed now and then errors on some DVD's packaging (listing
    extras not on the discs, words spelled incorrectly, wrong credits
    etc....) and last night I was watching Lateline The Complete Series
    and noticed one of these (the 3rd episode has the wrong actor and
    character credited with doing something that another charcter and
    actor did in the episode) and I was wondering just how do these kinds
    of things slip through the cracks? No one involved in the release of
    Lateline noticed that the episode description was wrong?

    What other discs have had errors on the packaging?
    Bad Lieutenant Lists a trailer as an extra but it is not there.
    Didn't the first release of JFK list the documentary from the
    Laserdisc on there but it wasn't?
    The first Superfriends release was for the series "Challenge Of The
    SuperFriends" but showed pictures on the box from the "Worlds Greatest
    Superfriends" series which was very different.

    An odd one that goes the other way is the Animated Spawn series.
    The discs have commentary tracks by McFarlane, not that you would know
    it by the back of the box. No mention of that extra is there and you
    would think that would be a selling point....

    Josh, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Josh

    Wild Coyote Guest

    Hotel Exotica came out with the director's unrated cut, running time
    is at 85 minutes. This is a direct to Skinemax and then to video kind
    of movie. Anyway the packaging says unrated and 85 minutes, but the
    movie is a butchered R version and only 70 minutes long. The scene in
    the kitchen between 2 actresses (Ahmo Hight & Taylor St. Claire and
    the only reason I bought the movie) is completely gone. Shadow
    Entertainment says oops, return it to where you purchased it.
    Terrible answer and it is still being sold as the unrated version.

    Wild Coyote, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Josh

    Ronald Cole Guest

    Because the current owners who are screaming about the billions being
    lost to piracy of "perfect digital" copies really are cheap bastards
    who couldn't give a rats ass about putting out a quality product.

    Paramount and Fox are the worst offenders!

    Ronald Cole, Aug 26, 2004