    click on the E drive I get the following message: E:\ is not
    accessible Incorrect function The drive can read discs but not burn
    them. What can I do in order to burn discs again?

    The Commish, Feb 21, 2007

  2. The Commish

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 21 Feb 2007 11:09:24 -0800, "The Commish" <>
    wrote:

    >I use Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition. When I try to burn to CD I get
    >the following message: The disc you have inserted does not contain
    >enough free space. Please remove (quantity) from your project in order
    >to use this disc. I have tried 3 empty CD. In Windows Explorer when I
    >click on the E drive I get the following message: E:\ is not
    >accessible Incorrect function The drive can read discs but not burn
    >them. What can I do in order to burn discs again?

    How big is the ISO or other image you are trying to burn?

    Evan Platt, Feb 21, 2007

  3. The Commish

    The Commish Guest

    On Feb 21, 1:23 pm, Evan Platt <>
    wrote:
    > On 21 Feb 2007 11:09:24 -0800, "The Commish" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I use Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition. When I try to burn to CD I get
    > >the following message: The disc you have inserted does not contain
    > >enough free space. Please remove (quantity) from your project in order
    > >to use this disc. I have tried 3 empty CD. In Windows Explorer when I
    > >click on the E drive I get the following message: E:\ is not
    > >accessible Incorrect function The drive can read discs but not burn
    > >them. What can I do in order to burn discs again?

    > How big is the ISO or other image you are trying to burn?

    I'm trying to burn two data files. One is 970,266 KB the other is
    1,270 KB

    The Commish, Feb 21, 2007
  4. The Commish

    WhzzKdd Guest

    The Commish wrote:
    > I use Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition. When I try to burn to CD I get
    > the following message: The disc you have inserted does not contain
    > enough free space. Please remove (quantity) from your project in order
    > to use this disc. I have tried 3 empty CD. In Windows Explorer when I
    > click on the E drive I get the following message: E:\ is not
    > accessible Incorrect function The drive can read discs but not burn
    > them. What can I do in order to burn discs again?

    You might try the Dell support site and see if there are updates available.
    Or determine the manufacturer and exact model of the drive, then check for a
    firmware update from the maker.

    How old is the Dell? I don't think they ship Roxio now, but Sonic RecordNow.
    If you've got an older well-used drive, it may have just finally given up on
    you. Fortunately, they're pretty inexpensive now. In fact, a DVD dual layer
    burner is a pretty darn nice upgrade for just a few bucks more.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 21, 2007
  5. The Commish

    The Commish Guest

    On Feb 21, 1:46 pm, "WhzzKdd" <> wrote:
    > The Commish wrote:
    > > I use Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition. When I try to burn to CD I get
    > > the following message: The disc you have inserted does not contain
    > > enough free space. Please remove (quantity) from your project in order
    > > to use this disc. I have tried 3 empty CD. In Windows Explorer when I
    > > click on the E drive I get the following message: E:\ is not
    > > accessible Incorrect function The drive can read discs but not burn
    > > them. What can I do in order to burn discs again?

    > You might try the Dell support site and see if there are updates available.
    > Or determine the manufacturer and exact model of the drive, then check for a
    > firmware update from the maker.
    >
    > How old is the Dell? I don't think they ship Roxio now, but Sonic RecordNow.
    > If you've got an older well-used drive, it may have just finally given up on
    > you. Fortunately, they're pretty inexpensive now. In fact, a DVD dual layer
    > burner is a pretty darn nice upgrade for just a few bucks more.

    My Dell Dimension 9200 is only about 1 month old. They shipped Roxio
    with it. I do have the dual layer DVD burner.

    The Commish, Feb 21, 2007
  6. The Commish

    WhzzKdd Guest

    The Commish wrote:
    > On Feb 21, 1:46 pm, "WhzzKdd" <> wrote:
    >> The Commish wrote:
    >>> I use Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition. When I try to burn to CD I get
    >>> the following message: The disc you have inserted does not contain
    >>> enough free space. Please remove (quantity) from your project in
    >>> order to use this disc. I have tried 3 empty CD. In Windows
    >>> Explorer when I click on the E drive I get the following message:
    >>> E:\ is not accessible Incorrect function The drive can read discs
    >>> but not burn them. What can I do in order to burn discs again?

    >> You might try the Dell support site and see if there are updates
    >> available. Or determine the manufacturer and exact model of the
    >> drive, then check for a firmware update from the maker.
    >>
    >> How old is the Dell? I don't think they ship Roxio now, but Sonic
    >> RecordNow. If you've got an older well-used drive, it may have just
    >> finally given up on you. Fortunately, they're pretty inexpensive
    >> now. In fact, a DVD dual layer burner is a pretty darn nice upgrade
    >> for just a few bucks more.

    > My Dell Dimension 9200 is only about 1 month old. They shipped Roxio
    > with it. I do have the dual layer DVD burner.

    Okay, they must have switched back to Roxio then. I've seen both on their
    systems. But check into the updates. And since the system is so new, get
    Dell involved. That's what the warranty is for. It isn't at all uncommon for
    a drive to fail, and Dell should be on the paying end of the replacement if
    required.

    WhzzKdd, Feb 21, 2007
  7. The Commish

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    The Commish wrote:
    > On Feb 21, 1:23 pm, Evan Platt <>
    > wrote:
    >> On 21 Feb 2007 11:09:24 -0800, "The Commish" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I use Roxio Creator LE Dell Edition. When I try to burn to CD I get
    >>> the following message: The disc you have inserted does not contain
    >>> enough free space. Please remove (quantity) from your project in order
    >>> to use this disc. I have tried 3 empty CD. In Windows Explorer when I
    >>> click on the E drive I get the following message: E:\ is not
    >>> accessible Incorrect function The drive can read discs but not burn
    >>> them. What can I do in order to burn discs again?

    >> How big is the ISO or other image you are trying to burn?

    > I'm trying to burn two data files. One is 970,266 KB the other is
    > 1,270 KB

    What do *you* think is the capacity of a blank CD?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 22, 2007